In Car Entertainment & Security
By BLACKS' COUPE
#86206 Hello peeps,
i am trying to make one of them trunk audio set-up for the tire compartment but i am in need of a pattern to cut the wood. I've tried researching but nothing. or any bright ideas that i can use to trace the pattern on to wood? or maybe, just maybe someone might hook me up with the specs? :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#86226 You mean like the factory spare tire cover?
By Mayhem_Audio
#86354 THE TRUNK CARPET WORKS GOOD AS A TEMPLENT FOR FALSE FLOORS
By BLACKS' COUPE
#86368 thanks to all that helped me out, really appreciate it. As for the Carpet, i dont have one and Teal, Thats a great idea. I should just use cardboard since its easy to bend and cut. why didn't i think of that? :? but thats what i have all you great thinkers here.. lol :thumb: as far as the sides go though, should i make them wood or should i just leave them with the carpet thingy that it came with?
By suspendedHatch
#86392 I was being trained how to make custom sub enclosures for trunks/spare tire wells when unfortunately the economy hit the fan and I had to get into a different occupation. But how they do it is to first cut the wood as close as you can get it, then you set it in the trunk tape off your interior plastic. Stuff the gaps with newspaper and put body filler on top. Pull it out again and carpet over it. I feel like I'm forgetting a step...
By BLACKS' COUPE
#86706 ii've never done this before so i'm just trying to confirm some info.

1. I don't have any trims in trunk right now
2. its a coupe not hatch
3. you use filler to connect the wood together?

i'm trying to do this right the first time so my bad if i'm asking alot, but every piece of info that i get will be put to use so thanks again..