In Car Entertainment & Security
By xswingkidx
#84955 I haven't really done any stereo upgrades since I was in high school (10 years ago), but would like to upgrade my DD in the audio department. I have two sets of MB Quart components that I'll be using for replace the stock speakers. Can you recommend a good, medium wattage four channel amp to use?
I'm not sure about the deck just yet but I'll probably be getting something fairly standard...alpine something or other CD player with ipod hookup.
By JlaudioEGFreak
#85179 Do you know which MB Quart component sets you have?
By sqsi
#85185 Alpine PDX in my opinion. Great amps, I am running 3 of them. Small too but a bit pricey
By xswingkidx
JlaudioEGFreak wrote:Do you know which MB Quart component sets you have?

They are MB Quart Discus components (DUA-216). From what I understand they aren't exactly cutting edge technology anymore but they should be more than enough for my little civic.
I found out today that my wife is taking me to pick out a deck for it for Christmas. Once I get that taken care of, hopefully I'll be able to install the speakers as well.
By JlaudioEGFreak
#85278 i would recommend doing a JL Audio 300/4v2. It would be ideal and i really wouldnt put more then a 100 watts to each of those speakers . If you don't to spend that much you can do a TMA 320.4 which would give you a good sound. Im not a big fan of Class D Multi channel amplifiers.