In Car Entertainment & Security
By khmer_gentleman
#81790 I want to put in a remote start, but my car is manual. How do I do a clutch bypass? Yes, I know some people think that it's dangerous to put in a remote start in a manual car but I don't park in first and no one else drives my car.
By Heatherly
#81792 I had remote start on my 99 SI and I never once had a problem with it. I'm not sure how to do the clutch bypass but I know that it's not too incredibly hard.
By ej2rey
khmer_gentleman wrote:I want to put in a remote start, but my car is manual. How do I do a clutch bypass? Yes, I know some people think that it's dangerous to put in a remote start in a manual car but I don't park in first and no one else drives my car.

All the way up at the top of your clutch pedal there's going ro be a sensor with a 2 wire prung.
Just take a paper clip or a small wire and jump both holes on the prung. That will sensor that the clutch is always ingaged. Then just take sum electrical tape and tape the prung so that the wire or paper clip its not exposed.
By Vti93T
#81871 haha I saw this and was thinking about putting my input on remote start but thought not to well tonight my friend came up to me and told me she got in a car accident. Well, really her car got in a car accident. She has remote start on her car and well she had it in neutral and I guess it popped it into first and went down the street and hit a truck and well she had to have the whole front of her car replaced..hood, fenders, headlights, core support..three weeks and it's finally back from the shop and now she's taking remote start off her car..just letting you know of it's side effects on manual cars.
By smokinsoljah420
#81877 :o there gos that idea lol! :lol: cause even if it didnt happen to me i still would be worrying about it every two seconds! lol
By khmer_gentleman
Jdm_Katie wrote:haha I saw this and was thinking about putting my input on remote start but thought not to well tonight my friend came up to me and told me she got in a car accident. Well, really her car got in a car accident. She has remote start on her car and well she had it in neutral and I guess it popped it into first and went down the street and hit a truck and well she had to have the whole front of her car replaced..hood, fenders, headlights, core support..three weeks and it's finally back from the shop and now she's taking remote start off her car..just letting you know of it's side effects on manual cars.

it popped into first by itself?
By BAXTER_EJ1
#81879 My thoughts exactly ^ :eh:

That's some shitty parking if her tranny is half in first and half in neutral :o
By Vti93T
#81924 yeah she's retarded..I don't know why she got remote start anyway..most people put there's in first when they turn it off so that would make me nervous to even wanna use remote start.
By Heatherly
#81929 I just always grabbed my stuff first and then as I got out checked to see if it was in nuetral... had it for months and never had a prob so you just either gotta be dedicated to checking or don't put it in.
By khmer_gentleman
#81993 i have just never parked it in first. when i was learning how to drive a manual, i was never taught to park in first..... so that's why I'm not too worried about getting a remote start
By Heatherly
#82013 That's how I was taught too.

I think it'd be fine, just never park in gear lol!

Even on hills I don't park in gear, just roll into the curb.
By 93cxhb
#105852 i know this is an old subject but i thought i would add another good idea is to get a turbo timer and then you know its in nutruel when you leave. i figured this out the hard way . i had my dog in my car when we both got out he knocked it into gear . my car drove its self throw my father inlaws garage . :oops: . luckily his harley was in the other bay so he didnnt care.
By suspendedHatch
#105981 No no no. Goddamnit. First "how to watch dvd's while driving" and now this. This forum is going to shit.

Okay, you want a remote start system that is made for manual transmissions. Newer Directed Electronics aka Viper or a Compustar. Or a separate module. These systems require a turbo-timer like setup. With the engine running you put it into turbo timer mode, pull your keys, get out of the car and close your door. The system shuts the engine down and will now allow it to remote start. It's a fool proof way to ensure that the car isn't left in gear.

Now to properly "bypass" the clutch lock system w/out compromising it's functionality: remote start systems have a status-output. This provides a negative signal when the remote start is engaged. You run this wire to the wire on the clutch switch that's not black. Most of the time it's blue/blk. DO NOT CONFUSE THE CLUTCH LOCK OUT WITH THE CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH. The cruise switch will have a pink wire.