In Car Entertainment & Security
By egsedanguy
#76990 ok i have no idea whats wrong.. i have a pioneer deck wired to a jl 500/1 amp. the amp turns on and everything but im not getting sound. i know is wired properly and the cabels are good. somthing to do with the signal from my deck. i plugd the rca to another deck in a diff car and it worked. so the amp is fine. then i put in a cheap amp in my car and it powered the subs. so why wont my deck work with the amp?????
By jmsplitfyre
#76995 So rca cable and amp is fine, did you check the remote wire? It's the blue wire from your sub to the amp?
By OmarG
#77005 check your head unit. make sure you have the subwooer settings switched to ON there :thumb:
By JlaudioEGFreak
#77017 when you have you your jl 500.1 hooked up in you car running off your deck run a set of speaker wire from the amplifier and put a multimeter to them and see if you are getting any sort of out put at all.
By egsedanguy
#77034 yes i have a remote hooked up and the sub turned on. when i put my finger on the back of the deck on the rca outputs it starts to make sound. i toched a wire to the rca while still conected and toched the metal on the deck and it works. what the hell is it. bad ground?? i have had this deck for a while and it works with all my other stuff.. is ther somthing on the amp not hooked up right. its all powered on.
By egsedanguy
jmsplitfyre wrote:So rca cable and amp is fine, did you check the remote wire? It's the blue wire from your sub to the amp?

you mean head unit to amp?? or am i missing somthing???
By BurqueB16
#77038 yeah try graounding it in a different place. when my subs stopped working that was the problem. but it could very well be your deck also
By jmsplitfyre
egsedanguy wrote:
jmsplitfyre wrote:So rca cable and amp is fine, did you check the remote wire? It's the blue wire from your sub to the amp?

you mean head unit to amp?? or am i missing somthing???

Oh yeah, head unit to amp. My bad. And maybe you do have a bad ground since you were saying that it's working when you touched the rca's, etc.