In Car Entertainment & Security
By egsedanguy
#76735 ok i been surching to find the correct speaker size for my car.93 lx sedan.
i think 51/2 front and 51/2 rear. but im not 100% sure.. what is the factory size and what can i upgrade to if i modify???will 6 or 61/2 work???i wanna get stuff tomorrow so i can put my sound back to par.
By jmsplitfyre
#76737 They are 5.25", I upgraded mine to Sony 3-way ones but now I'm gonna switch to Pioneer components. I think for the rear you can go bigger but you have to cut the board.
By JlaudioEGFreak
#77016 stock size speakers on the car are 6.5 all the way around. but if you are going to do an after market speaker, i would suggest doing like a boston sx65 so then you wont have to make speaker rings to make them fit because i believe the stock mounting depth is something like 3 inches and if you do a beefer size speaker like a jl audio vr650 the magnet and mounting depth is to big to fit in the stock speaker hole so in return you have to make speaker rings. and if you wanted to do a set of components in the front you could do like the boston sl60 in the front and the boston sx65 in the rear.
By asianrob
JlaudioEGFreak wrote:stock size speakers on the car are 6.5 all the way around.r.

i have to disagree with you on that...
when i had my sedan it was completely stock LX-A

it had stock 5.25 all the way around..
By egsedanguy
#77039 ya i put in 6.5 and they fit.had to cut the plastick pocket in the front doors. just so the magnet would fit. i just got some cheap speakers for know just so i have music. ther 2 ways with crossovers. not bad for 100 bucks. but i will be upgrading it all one day.
By OleFolk
JlaudioEGFreak wrote:could be but every eg sedan that i have had in the install bay has had 6.5 all the way around. I doubled checked it just in case though but i may be wrong.

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/mycar.aspx?

Your a lifesaver

I got a hatch with rear speaker conversion (so I chose civic si)
Finds the speakers for me its sick
Also free shipping :thumb: