In Car Entertainment & Security
By hatchin06
#65669 I had taken out an older aftermarket cd player and installed another one i had found in my barn and after doing all the wiring and what not the unit turns on but shuts itself off automatically? I was wondering if maybe its an internal problem?
By suspendedHatch
#65677 How did you wire it? Did you cut off the factory harness or did you use an adapter harness? How beat up is this radio?
By hatchin06
#65679 i used the factory harness. its last yrs model. I was told the it had the same issue before i got it?
By suspendedHatch
#65936 What do you mean you "used" the factory harness? You cut it off?

If the radio had the same problem before then you shouldn't be surprised if it continues to have the problem now.
By defjamon26z
#68692 check your fused. check around for any exposed wire on the radio harness. if problem continue then i suggest u run ur own wire. 1 (constant power = yellow) straight to the battery or anything that give constant power. be sure to add a fuse on that wire just to be safe. the red wire to any fuse on the driver side fuse box. ground to ground. and you shouldnt have this problem again.
By defjamon26z
#68693 check your fused. check around for any exposed wire on the radio harness. if problem continue then i suggest u run ur own wire. 1 (constant power = yellow) straight to the battery or anything that give constant power. be sure to add a fuse on that wire just to be safe. the red wire to any fuse on the driver side fuse box. ground to ground. and you shouldnt have this problem again. unless your speaker wires are makin contact somewhere.. check all speaker wires
By neo27ny
#236168 X2 Check all your wiring and speaker wires. Any bare wires touching somewhere can cause problems. Took me a long time to figure this out in my old civic hatch. From experience I don't recommend cutting and splicing the stock harness or using electrical tape anywhere. Many cars I've bought have had crappy installation jobs with tape and they always short out eventually. Get a harness adapter and wire connectors.