In Car Entertainment & Security
By Syk Civic
#62775 hey guys i need help installing 6x9s in the back seat side panels. i think my civic has 6 inch speakers already but i dont know if the 6x9s will fit in the same spot. need help
By mage182
#62777 If you don't have any gathers rear setup brackets you're going to have to fab up something yourself to get them to fit. It can be done. I would recommend using some 3/4" MDF. Cut something out that will mount to the car and then attach the speaker to that within the side panel.
By asianrob
#62848 the originals are suppose to be like 5 1/4 something like that. 6x9's wont fit there unless you cut the plastic cover
By sqsi
#62867 Keep the factory size.
By Syk Civic
#62869 yeh im new to this DIY thing. so if yall have any photos than could be helpfull
By suspendedHatch
#62886 Why would you want 6x9's? 6.5's sound better and wont be quite so difficult to install.

You could make some custom brackets but the best thing to do would be to have some fiberglass enclosures made up. You want the rear of the speaker completely isolated from the air space in front of it. Otherwise a great speaker just sounds like junk.

I prefer no rear speakers at all. Front components and a sub sound best. Rear speakers only mess up the time alignment and throw off the staging. You can reduce this effect by cutting the leads to the coax tweeters on the rear speakers.
By Syk Civic
#62919 ok im going to put sony explodes in the rear sides and im also going to try and get a parcel try to put the 6x9s in.

how does that sound.
By pierreconejos89
#63070 The trunk cover i have has 6x9's cut into it. It looks sick and they sound great. I just had to extend the rear speaker wires to get them to work.
By sqsi
Syk Civic wrote:ok im going to put sony explodes in the rear sides and im also going to try and get a parcel try to put the 6x9s in.

how does that sound.

Spend a few extra bucks and get a good set of speakers
By Greasedmonkey
#63138 stick with the stock sizes in the stock locations and just get a sub for the back.
By suspendedHatch
Greasedmonkey wrote:stick with the stock sizes in the stock locations and just get a sub for the back.

:thumb:
By BADD EGG
Greasedmonkey wrote:stick with the stock sizes in the stock locations and just get a sub for the back.

Thats what Im screamin. No point in throwing something in there that isnt gonna fit
By pierreconejos89
BADD EGG wrote:

Thats what Im screamin. No point in throwing something in there that isnt gonna fit

yeah i'm with you guys... I bought my CX with 6x9's cut into the trunk cover. I wish it wasn't there and i had no choice but to make the best out of it. Sounds great though.
By Sire
#65516 I'm with suspended hatch, get a good component set for your doors, and a subwoofer in the trunk... This will give you the best sound, and you don't have to do many modifications!

Maybe you have to fabricate an adaptor ring out of mdf for the speakers in the doors, and you have to find a spot for your tweeters but that's it!

Good luck! :thumb: