In Car Entertainment & Security
By SiGO
#59316 Hi all,

Since I purchased my Civic HB a few months ago I always knew it had a kill switch, but it never seemed to work correctly. It would stop the engine from starting but would continuously flash all four corners.

So today I thought I'd see if I could disconnect it in preparation to install a full alarm system I'm looking at purchasing.

Anyway, I ended up finding that it already has an unknown alarm wired up, however I have no control for it.

Simply unplugging it is no good either as doing this also cuts the engine.

Does anyone have any idea where I could start removing this from?

The only thing that could make sense is some text on the circuit board "SERIE 80 ALARM"
By suspendedHatch
#60168 Alarms have a relay that goes in line with the starter wire. If unplugging the alarm doesn't allow the car to start, then your relay is wired "normally open". Most alarms are wired normally closed. In either case, you need to cut out the relay and reconnect your starter wire. On a Honda this is a 10 gauge black/white wire on the ignition harness.

I recommend replacing it with an alarm made by Directed Electronics, ie Viper, Python, or Hornet. Whatever you do, get some security on your car. Honda's are theft magnets.
By defjamon26z
#68699 but if your budget is hurting.. cut the orange wire off the alarm harness and attach it to ground and your good.