In Car Entertainment & Security
By Ej2-B16a
#27497 heres the best way to save your car and money..

alot of thiefs really don't carry a ECU with them....

unplug ur ECU... take it with u.. or stuff it under your rear seats (say ur at a club or sumthin, cant be hittin on ladies with a ecu in ur hand, theyl think ur crazy LOL)

car wont turn on.... they might be smart enough to check the battery... when they see its not that all they can do is start breaking shit or stelaing intirior..

but gettin a radio jacked is good news compared to a whole car..
By defjamon26z
teal_dx wrote:If you own en EG/EJ, or any nice civic, you have to be careful these days...

One of our members already had his Del Sol stolen (and recovered thankfully)

Here's some steps to help your civic stay safe.

1. Park in a garage at night. So many stories about thefts start out with "So I went outside this morning and my car was not in my driveway" But if you live in an apt, then there are still other things you can do...

2. Alarm of course. Get a good quality alarm with sensitivity AND a pager. Some features to look for are:
- a backup battery (in case they cut your cables)
- backup siren (in case they cut your siren - these should be hidden!)
- hood pop switch
- tilt sensor (I've read of stolen cars baing towed off)
- glass break sensor
- there are even alarms with motion sensors.

3. Re-route your hood cable: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=112

4. Pedal/steering wheel locks. These can be cut but it still costs them time.

5. Detachable steering wheel with security Hub Lock. This is going to buy you some good time when your car is being stolen. Don't leave the wheel in your car though, sometimes they will bring their own wheel.

6. Kill switches on your fuel pump, ignition, whatever. More than one is better, and hide them well! This will slow them down.

7. Take your ECU with you. Some thieves will bring their own, but if you have a chiped/tuned ecu then they won't have an exact match.

8. LoJack or GPS tracking system. If you have serious $$$$ in your civic, this is a good idea. If they get past everything else, then this will follow your car. I've heard of people finding their civic just parked on a random street. This is because the thieves park it somewhere for 24 hrs in case it does have LoJack. This way the signal won't point to their chop shop. Then after 24 hrs, they figure if it hasn't been claimed, it is ok to bring back to the shop.

9. Put a boot on your wheels. I've actually seen nice civics with a parking boot on that had to be left out at night. A little extreme but definitely a good security measure.
http://www.tirelock.com/

10. member miguel329 wrote:
if you buy a car from someone a good idea is to change the door locks, and ignition... i do it everytime i get another honda.. seen a few guys sell there car few weeks later, months watever they steal your shit just something to think about..

lmao i cant wait to see someone do this at the mall or publix. this will be a LAUGH!! lmao.
By JlaudioEGFreak
#71041 This is what im talking about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc
:thumb:
Or my favorite is i actually installed two seperate alarm systems on my old eg hatch where a made a custom fiberglass enclosure in my spare tire spot for another battery and i installed a viper 1002 and put shock sensors on the actual transmission with a starter cut off switch which i wired right to the starter motor. so kind of a intoxalocks set up i also used that exact same set up of my moms 05 civic to put a remote start on a manual car. Shock sensors + transmission = many ideas
By 93civicgsr
#92877 how hard is it to instal a securty system to my ej?
By ShEfA
#96574 On my car I did the "car alarm thing" fuel pump switch. But, rather than installing it on the usual locations, I installed it... well should I tell? Ok, I am from Bulgaria and no Bulgarian thieves will ever no, so.. I installed it in the armrest. :) The wire is short enough so I don't have to use a relay, I glued the switch on the inside of the armrest, where the handle brake is located. So if you want to reach it is a bitch, but I also think, that nobody will ever think of that place to find the fuel pump switch.

:hehe:

The place is good, because no one can tell if you are reaching for the e-brake or something else.

My remote control for my alarm broke a while ago, so I for now I have no alarm to ""protect"" my car, but I am planning to buy a GSM alarm to replace the old one, so when somebody enters my car I will know and... well, you know, I will make him suffer.
By hatchie
#100473 suspended hatch knows what he's talking about ppl should check out his theft website.... there's alot of good info on therebout protecting your car from thieves
By OleFolk
By OleFolk
#191272 sorry to repost but the Denver boot is the most hilarious tool cities use to stick it to people who don't pay tickets and i have always wanted to own one myself.

they don't use them in Ohio but i know they use them out west
By Wicked
ChicagoMike wrote:Here's one of the lil security devices on my car, have fun trying to get by the other four. :death:

http://www.aboutsecurityconcepts.com/Pr ... Loctronics

Just wanted to point out to anyone that these can be bypassed with steel whool or a razor blade. All that has to be done is connecting the circuit I bet a couple paperclips could work as well.