In Car Entertainment & Security
By Loaf31
#357230 can I put an integra Radio/Head Unit into my EG sedan? My head unit isnt working. The one I'm looking at is from a 93 integra DB1 with the serial code of: 55466

It's the cassette one

let me know guys!
By iLLson
#357241 if it does need one when you install it....

on the radio itself, get me the serial numbers and stuff. i can get it for you. PM me the info
By Loaf31
#357252 Pm'd you, iLLson. I bought the radio today off eBay, so I should be getting it in about a week. I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Last edited by Loaf31 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Loaf31
#357253 Could the reason my old radio doesnt work is because it needs the code to be entered? I have a 93 civic DX with the oem radio. Does it need a code?
By iLLson
#357262 if it needs a code, the radio will still turn on.

once the radio powers on, it should say "code" on the display.

if the radio doesnt power on at all, then no...the code is not the fault
By Loaf31
#357263 It powers on, but the display is all messed up. its black around the edges and it just lights up with a faint yellowish white glow. But it doesn't say anything on it.
By Loaf31
#357436 So, I got the radio. worked well for about 2 or 3 hours, then pooped out on me. wouldnt turn on at all. I get home, unplug it, replug it back in: nothing.

BUT when I turn the radio to the on position, then unplug it, wait a few minutes and plug it back in, it does this. But only when I have it in the ON position when I plug it back in.