In Car Entertainment & Security
By couch_c
#353298 I'm having some weird issues with my speakers lately. This is an ex with tweeters on the door panels. It seems like when I turn up the volume enough the front speakers get staticy but ONLY when the rear speakers are also on. If I adjust the sound to only the front it completely goes away and I can still crank it up higher without any problems. It's not coming from the tweeters because I can hear it right at the speakers on both sides.

I've tried removing the rear speakers but I still get static as long as it's setup for music in the front and back. Not too sure but I'm having a feeling the head unit might be faulty. Any suggestions?
By suspendedHatch
#353346 Your front speakers aren't getting enough power. When you set the fade all the way to the front, they're getting the full wattage the stereo can provide and your problem goes away.

A newer, quality head unit will do this automatically when no rear speakers are connected. It will also make much more power than what I'm guessing is your original or a very old aftermarket stereo.

I always remove the back speakers to improve staging and increase power output to my fronts. I also run new 10 gauge constant and ground wires directly off the battery (inline power fuse), and new 12 gauge speaker wires into each of the front doors. I get a lot of compliments on my sound even though it's just a head unit and some old Infinity speakers that were in it when I bought it.
By ExCoupe94
#353744 I've ran into this problem multiple times I would disconnect the rear speakers behind the deck( greens & purps) adjust your fader to 0 and make sure the four wires u just cut aint touchin nuthin if your problem persists bad deck if it fixes your issue run new wires to your rear speaks and make sure all of your speakers are screwed down solid and theres no way in hell any copper or terminals are touching metal