In Car Entertainment & Security
By Andre3th0u
#349727 Been searching around about sound dampening. I would like to put sound dampening throughout my entire sedan. Floor, trunk, trunk lid, roof, and doors. I found NVX brand on sonic electronix and it has 40 square feet. Ten sheet of 18"x32" it's $120 for that kit. And I will be getting new carpet if I do this. Just curious to if that is enough or not. I want it quiet like a brand new car and my sound system to sound very crisp and clean. Any help with this would be appreciated.
By rustyrex
#349776 I used second skin brand. I put 60 square feet in my hatchback. But I use mine for competition and did the fire wall, the roof, inside all the doors and hatch, and two layers on the floor.
By ExCoupe94
#351845 when i first encapsulated my coupe i had to check my tach at red lights because i thought my motor had died, lol took a while to get used to that night and day difference, that being said your civic will never sound like a new car not saying its impossible but it would probably be easier to buy a new car especially if you have 20 year old/modified suspension.
also i bought my car lowered and it had over 300k on stock struts, needless to say they were completely blown and i was riding around on cheap ebay springs but when i replaced that shit (skunk 2 springs and lowtec shorties) omfg i cant even put it into words all i can say is if u want your ride to be nice hushmat/dynamat/sealandpeel are great! but not as good as actual functioning suspension.