In Car Entertainment & Security
By ibrendon
#334217 Hey guys please help im stuck!!!! i have a 94 civic hatch and im trying to install the remote start/keyless entry with the central locking module that i brought with the package on ebay, so it came with actuators and the module. this is what i did, the seller said it was a negative trigger type,
heres all my diagrams and pictures.
http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/ib...y/?view=recent

1. i installed just the main actuator to the drivers side door because both doors will unlock if i use my key. i hooked the wires through the door and connected the harness to the central locking module. it had 6 wires, (white and brown) seller said it was not necessary to connect to the alarm so i left those, (red) constant 12 volts, (black) ground, (green) unlock, (blue) lock.
so i connected the constant 12 volts and ground comming out of the harness

2. i spliced the green and blue wire near the harness connected to the module and connected the two wires from the alarm to the green and blue wires. i dont know why the lock wire from the alarm has a fuse anyone tell me why?

3.then i hooked up 2 wires from the alarm to a ground

4. i tried it, nothing happened, i could only hear my horn chirping and alarm clicking but the actuators wasn't even moving.

5. so i tried the postive and negative trigger type. i connect 2 wires from the alarm to a constant 12 volt source and 2 wires to ground. nothing worked...... so i switched the unlock/lock wire from the alarm to the blue and green wires. only the unlock functioned worked. i tried pressing lock on my remote nothing happened.

please help this is soo frustrating..

and in the harness diagram wire is there like locking 30a relay, lock 80a relay/??? i used the 30a relay to connect to the green and blue.
By suspendedHatch
#334330 The link isn't working.

Actuators require two relays and are set up for reversing polarity. To unlock the electricity goes one way, and to lock it goes the opposite. Which way is which depends on how the actuator is mounted. The actuator either pushes or pulls depending on polarity.

The "30" and "87a" refer to pins on the actuators.