In Car Entertainment & Security
By flippindabird
#332972 Hello everyone im new to the site and to Honda's(but not to cars). Just got a '95 EX coupe D16/auto for $700 its dirty and has a little "Honda rust" but for the money she runs and drives well and only has 155k on it so I think I got a pretty good deal. anyway I removed the factory tape player, and got a wiring harness adapter from walmart then wired up my Alpine cd player, plugged it in turned the key and got nothing, I know this stereo is good as I pulled it out of my wifes Subaru before she traded it and it worked minutes before removal. Just to be safe I wired up my Clarion(from my old truck, again def works) and plugged it in... nothing. Now sensing that the problem was with the car and thinking "maybe I blew a fuse or something?" I checked the fuses and all were good, then I plugged the factory radio back in and I got power, but it was asking for the "code" I do have the code which was given to me by the p/o but I don't want to use the stock radio (obviously, who would use a factory tape player when they have an Alpine and a Clarion sitting in the garage?!) anyway this is my dilemma so I hope someone here can help, ive already gained ALOT of info from these forums and I really appreciate everyones time and effort. Ive gotten so many ideas here. im prioritizing my projects and planning ALOT for this car. after many years of owning American cars ive been bitten by the Honda bug and I like it, these things are SO easy to work on! :) thanks in advance
By asianrob
#332973 did you check to see if your wiring is correct?
By Ajax1989
#332982 to much to read,

but when I had my civic I had to take a wire and run it from the fuse box to the yellow (12v) wire for the headunit in order for it to work.. just try that
By flippindabird
#333107 Asian, yes my wiring is correct, both times...
Aj thank you ill try that :) sorry u had to read :p
By nd1983
#333241 have you checked the wires with a meter to see if you have power and ground...

Constant 12V+ White/Blue
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red
Ground Black
By rustyrex
#333258 Check the back up fuse under the hood.