In Car Entertainment & Security
By rustyrex
#320035 Kicker CVT651 so far is the smallest 1 ohm I can find. Also they have a 2 ohm and earthquake makes a 2 ohm. It's slim pickings for a 6" woofer
By leonsel
#320053 So I measured the speaker, it is only a 4'' :shock: .

So guess I'm f*cked. What would happen to any of the things on the board when putting in a 4ohm?

Here I found some speakers that might work?

http://www.europe-audio.com/Producten_c ... ep_A_ID=66

I was thinking about this:

http://www.europe-audio.com/Product.asp?Product_ID=1985

Need to read the description on the others on there site though.
By rustyrex
#320069 Nothing would happen besides the amp putting out less power kind lime this
1 ohm=55 watts
2 ohm=27.5 watts
4 ohm=13.75 watts

Those numbers probly aren't exact but it kinda explains what happens. Go to www.parts-express.com they might have a woofer that will work. Look into home audio, some of the midbass drivers are 4 inchers
By leonsel
#320184 Thanks man,

I will look into that. I think anything will sound better at the moment. Just hoping it will still produce some bass.
By ExCoupe94
#320829 Even if u did get a replacement woofer, all the effort, waiting for a special order, and money will be wasted in my opinion. U need a lil boom boom? don't use anything less than a 10" woofer... its science.
By rustyrex
#320831 That's some bad science my friend. TC Sounds has a 8" woofer that has the ability to shit on some 15s. Now I agree that his money would be better spent on a different set up. But you do not need a big system to get big sound. You just either need a good installer and box builder or know how to do it yourself.
By Flatland_EG
#320841 You could find a good quality 4" woofer, do away with the circuit board all together and then power it with a small, easily hidden, external amp.
By leonsel
#321081 Not bought this with the idea to get a great amount of sound out of it. Just for fun, but I do want to get rid of the worn out oem woofer.