In Car Entertainment & Security
By ej2??
#319876 ive been having this problem for a long while now if my car sits for 2 days the battery dies. I've checked the alternator no problem there checked the radio nothing i dont have a sound system all stock speakers only thing i can think of is the alarm

any ideas?
By bigJOE671
ej2?? wrote:ive been having this problem for a long while now if my car sits for 2 days the battery dies. I've checked the alternator no problem there checked the radio nothing i dont have a sound system all stock speakers only thing i can think of is the alarm

any ideas?

You need to do a parastic draw test which requires a multimeter
By suspendedHatch
#320713 Very unlikely it's the alarm. Easy to eliminate. Pull the alarm's power fuse and see if the problem persists.

I'd take the battery and get it load tested. Letting the car sit without disconnecting the battery for long periods of time is very hard on it. You should get a battery tender. I hook up a quick connect to where the alternator wire goes into the under dash fuse box.
By Trix
#326659 if anything there is a wire somewhere not connected to anything, i have had this problem to, check to see if your alarm wires are all connected if there is a loose wire or a disconnected wire, it will still draw juice from your battery until the battery is dead
By suspendedHatch
Trix wrote:if anything there is a wire somewhere not connected to anything, i have had this problem to, check to see if your alarm wires are all connected if there is a loose wire or a disconnected wire, it will still draw juice from your battery until the battery is dead

Many wires on an alarm aren't connected to anything. They're made universal to work with all different kinds of electrical systems so naturally there will be many left unused.

Disconnected wires aren't complete circuits so it doesn't make sense that they'd be draining power.

A weak battery can't handle the very small amount of current an armed alarm pulls. A battery should be able to start the car after sitting for a few weeks with the alarm armed. If the car sits longer than that, you should hook up a battery tender.