In Car Entertainment & Security
By IMI4tth3w
#314849 i'm literally about to go insane here.

just installed viper 5704 (5901 replacement) in my civic. everything is fine and dandy but the 2 way remote i got, the unlock button does not work at all. this would really suck, but i have the 5901, which has the EXACT same remote as the 5704. My plan was to do the 2 car setup reguardless so it would just be an extra remote.

well my civic will NOT pair to my other remote. everything is correct. go through the sequence

-open door
-turn key to on
-press and release control button within 5 sec
-press and hold control button within 5 seconds is being pressed
-churps and i let go of control button (5704 remote will go into valet mode now. WTF?)
-5901 remote is in pairing mode holding lock button. get nothing.

if anyone can tell me what i'm doing wrong, i would greatly appreciate the help. i know there are some knowledgeable guys here. i might run by a more active specific forum though. i'll repost with an update if i get an answer there. Thanks

edit: did some research and found that i most likely have the wrong door trigger input. when both doors are closed and i hit the lock button i get a door open signal. reguardless it shouldn't cause the pair setup to not work as its required to have a door open. further research found that i should disconnect battery and try again. will post up tomorrow once that has been completed.
By IMI4tth3w
#314886 well i figured it out.

the neutral safety switch was not plugged in. once i plugged it in, got it to pair the first time. took about 5 seconds. :facepalm:

also i wanted to point out to suspendedhatch that the door trigger is not a dark green/red but a light green/red wire. i found it easier to tap into the one at the drivers kick panel. there is a plug that is easily unplugged and then a smaller gauge light green/red wire is seen after the plug. before it is the heavier gauge wire that might be a bit more difficult to tap into. just a thought. i might snag a picture really quick.

just glad i finally got it working! lol
By suspendedHatch
IMI4tth3w wrote:also i wanted to point out to suspendedhatch that the door trigger is not a dark green/red but a light green/red wire. i found it easier to tap into the one at the drivers kick panel. there is a plug that is easily unplugged and then a smaller gauge light green/red wire is seen after the plug. before it is the heavier gauge wire that might be a bit more difficult to tap into. just a thought. i might snag a picture really quick.

just glad i finally got it working! lol

Does the alarm trigger on your passenger door or the driver's only? You want to tag the passenger side or the dome light wire because these are "upstream" in the circuit.