In Car Entertainment & Security
By cruzan
#313315 Hi Guy's do you know how to install a flameout relay for a remote starter alarm oh what it does i will need help on that to install it on my ej thank you.
By ExCoupe94
#313747 Ive never heard of a flame out relay the only thing i can think of is perhaps a starter kill relay? it disables the starter when the alarm is tripped. is this what you are talking about?
By cruzan
#313776 ExCoupe94 I really don't know some body told me it was a flameout relay the relay have 2 green wire 1 yellow and 1 orange i will try to put a pics of it.
By ExCoupe94
#313860 i doubt that would help relays look the same for the most part. identify the purpose of this relay and i can help u more otherwise skip it! im sure it is not necessary considering a google search for a flame out relay shows no relevant results.
By cruzan
#313863 Thanks Bro but the relay got 2 thick green wire 1 thin orange wire and the next 1 thin yellow hope this help it been a wiled i dont install alarm and deh change the colors on the wires
By ExCoupe94
#313907 im almost willing to bet money that would be a starter kill relay what with two thick wires and two thin this is supposed to be put inline with your starter wire basically disengages the starter when the alarm is going off. the relay is activated when it sees + and - on the two small wires. u can wire up relays to complete a circuit or break a circuit when activated, in this case the relay will be breaking the circuit, not allowing the starter to engage when tripped. the thin orange wire will connect to your alarm brain sending it a negative signal the other thin wire will connect to a constant 12v+ from the fuse panel or ignition wire so when the alarm is tripped it sends a negative signal to the relay breaking the wire to your starter so the asshole jacking your car will have to push start your ride of course u can always wire this to other circuits i.e. fuel pump for different results :thumb:
By cruzan
#313909 Thanks Bro so when i hook it up i have to cut the wire right in half right
By ExCoupe94
#314783 yessir