In Car Entertainment & Security
By reyes09
#313129 so i have a problem with my rear speakers. both speakers work fine (tested on fronts and on another car) but when installed on the rear on my car it either barely works or not work at all. it only works when i set the fade on my headunit between -1 - -15. when i set the fade around -6 or -7 all 4 works but i have to set the volume to max and the quality goes bad. 0 - +15 the fronts work as they should but the rear doesnt work at all. even at 0 fade only the front works but works great.

so far ive checked my connections and were perfectly fine. but i remember when i was connecting the after market harness with the stock harness for the head unit. the rear right and left positive(red/yellow and blue/yellow) speakers on the stock harness loop around to the front left and right positive (brown/black and grey/black) wires. works fine when i leave it as is but when i connect the red/yellow and blue/yellow to the wires on the aftermarket harness. all that would come out is static. everything else worked fine including the negative wires.

anyone know a fix to this?
By ExCoupe94
reyes09 wrote:when i was connecting the after market harness with the stock harness for the head unit. the rear right and left positive(red/yellow and blue/yellow) speakers on the stock harness loop around to the front left and right positive (brown/black and grey/black) wires. works fine when i leave it as is but when i connect the red/yellow and blue/yellow to the wires on the aftermarket harness.
so the positive wires for the front and back are tied together? each speaker needs two completely isolated wires running from the deck to the speak itself. personally i would just run two pair of 16 or 18 g wire to the back speaks and hook them directly to the decks green/purple wires