In Car Entertainment & Security
By jadeydrag0117
#312501 I have recently this morning started researching
info on power lock keyless entry systems , through
forums, the little amount of DIYs I could find, vids ,
threads and tuts but there isn't to many out there.

so far my understanding is you need a transmitter to
pick up the codes from the remote and then some how
the actuator opens and unlocks ....but i need more knowledge, ...

i'd like to install one for my car and like to get some
advice + info on, how they work + what are the components
to successfully unlocking and locking a door with the remote.

the best advice for me personally would prob be a list of all the components + wiring harnesses and i'd end up just putting it together :lol:

lmk what you got because it be great to combine with more
research ill be finding in the future.

thanks
By ExCoupe94
#313869 basically u need an alarm brain for the wireless connectivity they will typically come with two remotes if you are just going after keyless entry they are quite cheap about 50 $ at a retail location even cheaper online but once u have that depending on if the alarm brain has built in relays for the pow lock or not obviously the cheaper ones will require 2 external relays. and finally the actuators in the doors they are about 15$ a piece and will come with all the necessary hardware for mounting. looking at the door with the skin off you will see two metal rods one that controls the latch and one that controls the lock, mount the actuator so its rod is somewhat parallel with the lock rod then they get clamped together (clamp should be included with the actuator when bought) id say the hardest part of the whole install is running the wires into the door there are two ways to tackle this integrating the wires into the plug major pita or drill new holes to run insulalated wires through gromets. im at work right now depending on if it stays dead or not i will post some diagrams for the relay wiring and where you should tap power ground and the illumination circuit so your lights flash when u lock/unlock
By jadeydrag0117
ExCoupe94 wrote:basically u need an alarm brain for the wireless connectivity they will typically come with two remotes if you are just going after keyless entry they are quite cheap about 50 $ at a retail location even cheaper online but once u have that depending on if the alarm brain has built in relays for the pow lock or not obviously the cheaper ones will require 2 external relays. and finally the actuators in the doors they are about 15$ a piece and will come with all the necessary hardware for mounting. looking at the door with the skin off you will see two metal rods one that controls the latch and one that controls the lock, mount the actuator so its rod is somewhat parallel with the lock rod then they get clamped together (clamp should be included with the actuator when bought) id say the hardest part of the whole install is running the wires into the door there are two ways to tackle this integrating the wires into the plug major pita or drill new holes to run insulalated wires through gromets. im at work right now depending on if it stays dead or not i will post some diagrams for the relay wiring and where you should tap power ground and the illumination circuit so your lights flash when u lock/unlock

great info man thanks!

but actually i posted this along time ago and since then i dented my car so it looks like i might not have spare money to do this mod yet haha sucks but thanks im still looking up info about it and this is good