In Car Entertainment & Security
By Magello
#312449 Hey guys,

So wiring up my new headdeck today, when it decided not to turn on. I checked the voltage and I'm getting 12v on my switch but only 3v on my constant power. anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Can I use the battery + and run a wire (does it matter if it's thin?) inside and tap it from there?

edit** also with the acc having 12v and 3v on constant with the switch on, my headdeck doesnt turn on.
By jadeydrag0117
Magello wrote:Hey guys,

So wiring up my new headdeck today, when it decided not to turn on. I checked the voltage and I'm getting 12v on my switch but only 3v on my constant power. anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Can I use the battery + and run a wire (does it matter if it's thin?) inside and tap it from there?

edit** also with the acc having 12v and 3v on constant with the switch on, my headdeck doesnt turn on.

check your fuses to see if you blew any
By jadeydrag0117
#313868 i blew mine but i forget where it is i think its the under the hood one
By ExCoupe94
#313903 3v eh sounds like u tapped your illumination circuit for the constant id imagine your plug is hacked off double check the wires see if there is "another" constant one that reads 12v if not tap 12 v off of the fuse panel there are out puts on the eg fuse panel right above the fuses 5 of em specifically for adding accessories use 16g wire or bigger and use an inline fuse holder after the tap