In Car Entertainment & Security
By bigJOE671
#311716 car: 94 Civic Si 5 speed

I know what you guys think about installing a remote start on a 5 speed. But I'm installing a magnetic ground switch on the shifter like what causeofalarm put on his website.

I have a Code alarm 671 and i'm trying to install this one wire (External start trigger) but I don't know where to connect it. I tried searching but it gives me the run around on the internet.

This is what is says for the wire:
NOTE: The following connection is only required on a REMOTE START installation.
-This wire will activate the Remote Start when a GROUND pulse is applied to it from an external device.
By suspendedHatch
#311752 You shouldn't need that. DEI alarms have what I think is the equivalent - a wire that takes two ground pulses and it remote starts. Pretty sure it's only there for testing.

How are you doing your shifter switch?

You can buy a separate module that makes it safe to put remote start on a manual trans. You activate it while the engine is running; it keeps it running while you get out of the car until you close the door. Only then will it let you remote start the car.
By bigJOE671
suspendedHatch wrote:You shouldn't need that. DEI alarms have what I think is the equivalent - a wire that takes two ground pulses and it remote starts. Pretty sure it's only there for testing.

How are you doing your shifter switch?

You can buy a separate module that makes it safe to put remote start on a manual trans. You activate it while the engine is running; it keeps it running while you get out of the car until you close the door. Only then will it let you remote start the car.

Well I read the rest of the manual and there is a wire that gives a ground pulse. I'm gonna leave it alone first and try the remote start. If that don't work i'm gonna hook it up and see if it works.

About the shifter switch I was gonna ask you how did you do yours? I have a manual switch that lets me turn on the remote start that came with the alarm.

This is my first time installing an alarm...So I have 2 more days to finish it. I got the main power harness and the remote start harness left