In Car Entertainment & Security
By limp_eh3
#308682 Like title states, i have no power to my player harness in my hatch.. i bought a plug and play harness and wired my player to the respective colors, plugged it and nothing.. so, decided for a quick fix, got power to it but, no sound now.. any ideas on what could be up with it before i drive it off a cliff? Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated ! My dream car's starting to be the worst nightmare.. :?
By TattooedFish
#308718 http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2089

The link may help have you checked the fuse to see if its bad? should be a 15 amp fuse running a power wire directly with no inline fuse if thats what you did could cause problems in the future.

If you dont want your car stereo to turn into a nightmare make sure you do it right.

If you don't know exactly what your doing either get someone that really knows what they are doing, or take it to a stereo shop if you have already got the cd player and the harness it shouldn't be too expensive for them to figure out whats going on.

With that being said if you decide you want to pursue this on your own accord some things you can do is unplug the harness and look up a wiriing diagram for the car and test the pinout of each connection. Its been a minute since ive done it but there is a way you can touch the speaker wires and each speaker will make a static sound to let you know there is connection.

The problem is going to be either, bad fuse in the car, bad fuse in the cd player itself, (ive even heard of a new cd player with a bad fuse coming out of the box)

Bad wiring, bad harness you need to check all your connections, don't just go rigging and touching wires if you don't know what they are for

If you have to label each wire coming off the harness and double check to make sure you got everything matching.

If you spend a little time on google and searching you can probably find all the answers to your questions. If you don't want to do that just take it to a shop and call it a day

Hope this helps
By limp_eh3
#308744 Cool.. thanks dude.. I've hooked up sounds systems before but this is a first I've hooked up with no responsefrom the factory harness at all..I'm gonna check that link out.. hopefully it helps.. thanks again..