In Car Entertainment & Security
By Curzyk
#301029 So I did my search and I read http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=336 but what I wanted to know is how many people actually use The Club and/or the Club Brake Lock?

Are they really effective? For those that use the Brake Lock, do you lock your brake, or your clutch? Which one is more effective and why?
By bradleyg
#301053 I use a club on my car when i know I'm gonna be parked for an extended period of time usually anything over 30 minutes to an hour.

I think it's pretty effective but I'm sure there's ways around it. What I do though it turn my wheel all the way left and then out it on so if they want to drive my car with the club on they will just go in circles.

I'm saving to get an NRG quick release system with the hub lock though. I think that that's probably more effective than the club.
By suspendedHatch
#301189 Club devices are a good visual deterrent for the casual thief, but they are easily defeated. Any dedicated thief can get through them in seconds.

Years ago, I called the police on a suspicious person in front of my girlfriend's house. The arrested him for public intoxication and drug possession. He showed me what the guy had on him: an improvised clamp/prying device for removing the Club and a chisel and hammer that could be used to punch the ignition or Club's key cylinder.

I have also noticed in junk yards a large amount of broken Clubs and cut steering wheels and pedals.

Conclusion is that no single security device is effective on it's own. A combination of a visual deterrent, stealth installed car alarm with a back up battery and hidden siren, and an independent kill switch are the minimum of what it takes to own a Honda in the present day.
By Eg6H2D
#301586 I have both. Seem to work good so far on this VX hatch, but yet again it's not always out like that.

The Si Hatch i have used it and never got taken, got broken into but not taken. Then i got my NRG Quick realease with the Lock. Also have a pretty hefty alarm system..