In Car Entertainment & Security
By Migu3l-EG sedan
#300614 ok so i have had my old 95 EG DD for a year or so. its been in the family since 97 99ish. ive never had a real issue with her till now but thats for another topic. as of now i have done most of the audio work. 2 speakers wend died on me last year so i drove around and found some old speakers sitting on the curb picked them up and tested them and they worked. fitted them on and 4 or so months later my left driver N right rear died. so i hooked up the two remaining in the front and then the left one died on me again. shes getting shorted out cuz water gets in by the window (dad pulled out some rubber thingy that keepsa the glass in line with the bearing i guess. glass now comes out and goes forward and gets stuck :cry: :x) so i bought 2 new speakers(polk audio) and had them installed. i still have the stock head unit. i use a casset converter to listen to music and now the whole left side dont work if i use the converter.:werd: :x but as soon as i get it out all four speakers work just fine. what could be the problem!!! :?

and yes i asked the guy who put them on why it did that and he told me they dont mess with stock head units. :x
By neo27ny
#300794 I remember doing that cassette to cd player adapter but that was back in the 90's lol. Not laughing at you just remembering the old days. Anyways I would suggest getting a new head unit. They aren't very expensive for something decent. If you are set on keeping the stock head unit then it sounds to me the issue is in the converter or wiring, that it's not sending the left channel audio through. Also if you use the wrong type of aux jack you won't get both channels of audio. My advice though is get an actual cd head unit.
By neo27ny
#300795 Sonic Electronics has a cheap JVC for $69. I've used JVC head units for like 15 years now. I can't compare it to any other brand but for the price they are decent and reliable. I paid $99 for the one in the pic prob a couple years ago if that.

By ExCoupe94
#306991 seen it a million times the headphone jack doesnt quite seat correctly and all u get is one audio channel
my suggestion would be a kenwood 396 or a 696 if u have a smartphone.