In Car Entertainment & Security
By neo27ny
#300544 Cd player is a JVC KD-G340, nothing fancy or expensive. I've been using jvc for 13 years now and though they are not exactly high end they are extremely reliable and have had some of the best anti skip technology since the beginning. My first jvc was a '95 model and you had to go over a long stretch of shutter bumps to get it to skip at all. Now there's no worries, i have a front aux input for my ipod touch. :woot:

I have two discontinued JL audio 6.5's. One looks to be brand new that I have now. I just tracked down a brand new one in a box on craigslist just waiting for it to arrive. They are supposed to be pretty punchy guess we'll find out.

I have a 6.5" SPL component set w/ tweeters in the front doors and passive crossovers. They are running off deck power. The rms is 75 watts per side so I'm guessing thats the 6.5 and tweeter combined. Gonna pick up an amp soon to put some juice to them. Right now I can turn it all the way up before it starts to distort, thats off deck power with the crossovers and a quick eq tweak on the deck. I don't like the grills on them either.

I have a set of JVC CS-XM620 6.5" in the back window. 240 watts peak power. Not sure if I'm keeping them in there yet. I'm in the process of attempting a rear seat delete and sub enclosure that will house two 8's facing front. I dont like the way they fit in there, the back shelf in the window is all screw holes from where someone had these crusty subwoofer looking things screwed in to the stock mounting holes. I used a set of front speaker brackets to mount them in the rear but I can't get them to line up to put the grills on top, I think I may build something to relocate them later.

And this is what I plan to put in the rear seat delete/sub enclosure. Two Rockford Fosgate P1S8-8 subs. 8 inch 8 ohm 200 watts rms svc.

I haven't decided on amps or anything yet. I have yet to finish the rear seat delete figure out where everything is going.
By 93sihatchguy
#300554 Sounds Like a nice build u have planned. For some reason the pics didn't show up on my browser. And finding good deals on craigslist is always a plus. Only drawback is it's hit or miss if you have an honest seller. Did you have the seller ship you the speaker?
By 1ACarlos
#300688 Not bad
By neo27ny
#300753 yea he's suppose to ship it tomorrow and send me a tracking #. Thats for one of the JL Audio 6.5's. It's the only one I could find to make a set with the one I already have. They are discontinued.
By neo27ny
#301031 I was thinking of building some bass tube setup for the 6.5's out of pvc. Only thing I could find that would be close enough to work is schedule 80 pvc. The inner diameter is roughly an 1/8 inch bigger than what the manual calls for the cutout hole to be. Not sure if it will work. According to the volume calculator I used though, I would have to make the tube about 3 feet long to achieve the correct volume the speaker needs lol. Putting two of these in the back....I dunno. Trying to come up with ideas...
By neo27ny
#301401 Scratch the bass tube idea. I'm just gonna build a small box for my two 6.5 JL woofers for now. I don't know if I'm keeping the car. I did pick this up to power them though...cheap but u.s. amps are good. Think they are RE Audio now. I hear good things about RE Audio plus they are fairly cheap. Only downside I noticed from reviews is they are overrated on their power output. I'll have to pick one up and see what it puts out in comparison to the tech specs.