In Car Entertainment & Security
By 93sihatchguy
#300158 I'm looking for any builds that retain the stock look of the hatch while keeping the spare tire in there for emergencies. So false floors, fiberglassed enclosures, mdf enclosures, anything. I've looked at other sites but haven't found any builds that accomplish this for the EG.
By 93sihatchguy
#300213 Thanks but that's not what I had in mind. Anything else?
By 93sihatchguy
teal_dx wrote:Some links in this thread:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=234 ... ear+delete

Thanks, I saw those links, but it's still not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for someone that fiberglassed the inside of the spare tire and used that space for the enclosure. That way the spare tire can stay inside and everything can be removed if needed.
By DontHateonEG8
#300264 Here is a company selling the kit that allows you to have clear access to your spare tire and the fuel pump
http://www.kdezines.com/HondaParts/RearSeatDeleteKits/1992-1995CivicHatchback/19921995CivicHatchbackEGRearSeatDeleteKit?zenid=ocdijj

and here is an install per honda-tunning
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_0805_eg_honda_civic/viewall.html

I understand that these are not projects and made products, but I don't see why you couldn't take this concept and reproduce it.
By 93sihatchguy
#300313 Thanks again. Appreciate the ideas being presented, but still looking for more!
By Aldo91
#300326 do you have any examples of what you are talking about??? have you seen it done in other cars and if so can you post pictures for us to help you?
By DontHateonEG8
93sihatchguy wrote:Thanks again. Appreciate the ideas being presented, but still looking for more!

i think you need to draw and post a picture - give us a visual idea.

Aldo91 wrote:do you have any examples of what you are talking about??? have you seen it done in other cars and if so can you post pictures for us to help you?

x2
By 93sihatchguy
#300373 Suspendedhatch had a write up, but his pics and links are no good.
By suspendedHatch
#300505 I helped build one in an S2000 and one for my hatchback. I ended up quitting that job before I got any good with fiberglass though.

You don't need a car-specific DIY. It's a custom job and the process is always the same. Mask the entire area, rip up the fiberglass into hand size patches and lay it down. Put the resin on it. Build it up in stages and finish it off with a carpeted mdf top. Obviously you'll need to get a book or Google search it, but that's the general idea.

I would rather track down my former coworker than ever attempt it on my own. Some people have a natural talent for fabrication but not I.
By 93sihatchguy
suspendedHatch wrote:I helped build one in an S2000 and one for my hatchback. I ended up quitting that job before I got any good with fiberglass though.

You don't need a car-specific DIY. It's a custom job and the process is always the same. Mask the entire area, rip up the fiberglass into hand size patches and lay it down. Put the resin on it. Build it up in stages and finish it off with a carpeted mdf top. Obviously you'll need to get a book or Google search it, but that's the general idea.

I would rather track down my former coworker than ever attempt it on my own. Some people have a natural talent for fabrication but not I.

Thanks. I've found a few DIYs and I'm going to tackle it on my own. Just not sure if I'm going to keep the spare now.