In Car Entertainment & Security
By jadeydrag0117
#298175 could i get my stereo power without using the OEM wire harness which is connected wtih the Ignition as a source, some how whwat other wires can i use ??

VVVV

i want to play the speakers while the motor is off and ALSO without using my ignition key slot

I think some BMWs have this how do they do it?
By couch_c
#298180 That will drain your battery
By jadeydrag0117
couch_c wrote:That will drain your battery

lol, if i leave my deck on 24/7?? , but i want to be able to turn it on when the motor is off, and with out using my key.

Like the dome light when you open the door. :thumb:

I know that BMWs have this feature and i wanna know how they do it so i could :thumb:
By dawg316
#298247 if an aftermarket sterio. tap the red wire ( switched 12v) to a battery 12v lead (use a fuse) then to a switch. make shure you use a relay with a switch tho,

i dont know why you would want to do that tho lol. id prob sujest tap the red wire into the dome light. sterio turns on every time u open your door lol. problem then would lie with when u close ur door the stereo turns off. could keep the ign to the red wire then have a split wire running to your dome light.

kinda stupid idea i guess. when do u want the stereo on?
By jadeydrag0117
dawg316 wrote:if an aftermarket sterio. tap the red wire ( switched 12v) to a battery 12v lead (use a fuse) then to a switch. make shure you use a relay with a switch tho,

i dont know why you would want to do that tho lol. id prob sujest tap the red wire into the dome light. sterio turns on every time u open your door lol. problem then would lie with when u close ur door the stereo turns off. could keep the ign to the red wire then have a split wire running to your dome light.

kinda stupid idea i guess. when do u want the stereo on?

lol .... uhhh...

i want it on whenever i please , cause right now i got to turn the key halfway to start the power

example issue, i cant be outside my car listening to music without the key not being in the ignition

iono i dont REALLY want to do this i just kinda wanna see if its possible

i guess a better question to ask is , is there any wires that have constant elecity that i can solder my 12v in ....or would that mean my stereo is on all the time??
By JohnRM
#298253 If you look in your fuse box, option connectors A and B are "hot at all times" meaning they are constant 12v. You can go to an autoparts store like Oreilly's or Autozone and buy the connector and gauge to wire up your stereo.

By dawg316
#298278 well you would need a way to activate it to turn it on. so a switch to the red wire to the back of the decks all you need. 12V battery. not 12V accessory

btw the small ass civic batterys have a crappy reserve. so its not like your gonna be bumping tunes for long before it wont start.
By couch_c
#298524 You can probably put a switch, but you'd have to switch it on and off whenever you'd want to power it
By ExCoupe94
#299397 baller! thats exactly how i have mine wired up. no need for a fuse though tap the yellow wire and run it to a switch and then to the red wire the yellow is already fused so no need. That way you can still bump while fueling up!
By jadeydrag0117
ExCoupe94 wrote:baller! thats exactly how i have mine wired up. no need for a fuse though tap the yellow wire and run it to a switch and then to the red wire the yellow is already fused so no need. That way you can still bump while fueling up!

cool thanks! :thumb: ,

dont know if im going to do this still, its been in a while since i thought about the idea, but prob in the future, im working on other stuff right now thanks again
By suspendedHatch
#299612 You get constant power from the option outputs as suggested. Some need you to insert a fuse in a particular slot. You get the connectors from under the door panels of junked EGs, EKs and DCs with power locks.

Not advisable, but if you do it, wire it to a relay triggered by the door pin so it turns off when you open the door. That's popular on late model domestics.

Use your alarm's ground-when-armed to kill it when you arm the alarm.

Here's an idea but would be pretty tricky to wire up. Wire it so that it keeps playing when you take the key out, open the door, then turns off when you close the door. That way you can fill your gas with the radio on as suggested. I'd have to sketch this out but I wont bother if you're not up for it.
By ExCoupe94
#299706 that's fucking awesome, I know what I'm doing on Monday.
By mitch6
dawg316 wrote:well you would need a way to activate it to turn it on. so a switch to the red wire to the back of the decks all you need. 12V battery. not 12V accessory

btw the small ass civic batterys have a crappy reserve. so its not like your gonna be bumping tunes for long before it wont start.

x2

might as well just constantly keep your key notched over once... thats what the first notch on the ignition is for, power to the deck. Plus dont you need your keys to unlock your door ayways? might as well use the ignition while ur at it, alot less messy IMO, seems like an idea for the lazy.. but if this is what you want, not one is stopping you :lol: :lol:

might I suggest you buy youself a power pack/booster for when ur battery constantly runs low? :?
By suspendedHatch
#300506 Exactly. Unplug your driver's seat belt warning, wire your clock to accessory power, turn the key one click forward and you're all set to chill in parking lots waiting for your woman to get off work :lol:

If it was my wife's car, I'd probably wire up something slick though. She loved the trunk popper I put on her 7th gen.