In Car Entertainment & Security
By SteaveO2
#295447 I have my car tore apart and want to install my viper alarm. My original intentions were to do it the way that he did it but now the site is down? Does anyone have the info maybe saved or is it somewhere else? Thanks.
By ExCoupe94
#295450 Extending the wires wil allow u to mount the brain pretty much anywhere, however u can tap a substantial amount of wires near the driver rear q panel. the 12volt.com is pretty usefull but always check your wires before u solder. I do feel your pain though I was gonna reference the page 2 days ago it was down... I was sad.
If u have any specific questions post them!
By Apexracing
#295558 Suspended has been on lately and has said something was going on with the site. I'll send him a pm and see whats up.
By Apexracing
#295571 sent him an email we shall see.
By SteaveO2
#295577 Yeah i pmed him to. Thanks guys!
By Apexracing
#295623 got an email from suspended today

[quote] person that was donating the hosting closed his site and gave me an additional year to either take it over at my expense or find a new home. That year ended recently. I had been working on a site redesign and adding a new install last summer, but I lost interest with so many other things taking priority. Currently there are no plans to finish the redesign or find a new host. Sorry.[quote]
By SteaveO2
ExCoupe94 wrote:Extending the wires wil allow u to mount the brain pretty much anywhere, however u can tap a substantial amount of wires near the driver rear q panel. the 12volt.com is pretty usefull but always check your wires before u solder. I do feel your pain though I was gonna reference the page 2 days ago it was down... I was sad.
If u have any specific questions post them!

Well i got everything wired up and everything is working so far except the remote start. It goes in to remote start mode and the lights flash and the fuel pump kicks on and everything but it doesn't crank. You can hear it cycle the ignition 3 times before it quits. My question is what wires are suppose to be getting power during cranking?

Just incase:
1993 Honda Civic Dx HB
Viper 5900
By suspendedHatch
#300508 There's a grip of 8 gauge red wires, some have stripes etc. All those need to be wired to constant power. Don't bundle them all together and run a single 8 gauge to the ignition like they do at Best Buy.

The outputs are ignition, starter, accessory, ign 2 (some Integras) and acc2. I wouldn't bother finding out whether they're all critical, just hook them up.

It doesn't crank at all? Do you have the green and purple wires backward? Green goes to the key side of the cut starter wire.

Count the flashes and look up the remote start diagnosis in the back of the manual.
By IMI4tth3w
#300585 anyone have a saved copy of the cause for alarm site? could i pm the guy and have him email it to me? i'm sure i can find someone to rehost it. that site was kickass!
By teal_dx
IMI4tth3w wrote:anyone have a saved copy of the cause for alarm site? could i pm the guy and have him email it to me? i'm sure i can find someone to rehost it. that site was kickass!

Already in the works... soon it will share a server with Civic-EG :thumb:
By familyEGuy23
teal_dx wrote:
IMI4tth3w wrote:anyone have a saved copy of the cause for alarm site? could i pm the guy and have him email it to me? i'm sure i can find someone to rehost it. that site was kickass!

:woot:
By Hatch-O-Doom
teal_dx wrote:

:woot: :woot: :woot:
By suspendedHatch
#300881 I haven't been able to connect to the ftp and I don't want to keep bothering Teal. I was planning on revamping the site before I start hassling him again.

That's unless I completely forget you all when I pick up my 05 STI on Friday :lol:
By DontHateonEG8
suspendedHatch wrote:I haven't been able to connect to the ftp and I don't want to keep bothering Teal. I was planning on revamping the site before I start hassling him again.

That's unless I completely forget you all when I pick up my 05 STI on Friday :lol:

haha! but on serious note we need the site back ASAP!