In Car Entertainment & Security
By cody27
#293133 Well ive finally caved and decided to pick up a subwoofer for my coupe, its nothing special just a kicker PT10 self contained unit, i realize its nothing fancy or special but from what ive read it will meet my needs to get that extra bit of bass while not costing an arm and a leg and not taking up a lot of space.

Now for my question, it comes with a controller, just one of those little rectangular deals with 1-10 knob and im not sure where i want to mount it so for those of you out there with one im curious where you have em mounted. Ive got the basic interior, no center console.

pics would be awesome.
By ExCoupe94
#295198 use the subwoofer control on the deck itself if u wanna keep things super clean most decks have it, if it is an entry level deck most the time u have to put the deck into stand-by mode and then acces the menu to change the rear pre-out to a sub pre-out doing this will add an option for subwoofer level in the audio options.
By cody27
#295443 the deck thats in the car is pretty low end with minimal audio adjustments unfortunately but it was brand new when i got the car and didnt see much point in buying a higher end unit but i ended up mounting the controller on the center console where it dips down for the e-brake lever, its nice and accessible without having to look at it while adjusting it and overall im very impressed with the output from the sub itself, much more then i was expecting from a prepackaged setup.