In Car Entertainment & Security
By oilspot
#285196 I'm setting up my stereo in my 95 coupe. I'd like to put a set of 6 1/2" speakers in the rear deck (have passengers in the rear a bunch).
I'd like the install to look clean. The problem I'm running into is that the rear deck isn't flat, it's concave. So when i put the speaker grill on top it doesn't sit flush. Has anybody come up with a good way to deal with this prob?
By asianrob
#285303 mount it from under?
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#285333 I'm about to make a new tray out of fiberglass for a couple of 6x8's I have. Should be pretty easy.
By oilspot
asianrob wrote:mount it from under?

I plan to mount them from under. Prob is if i don't cut a hole through I'm sure the speakers will sound like crap. Thats where i have to figure out something with a good looking grill.
By cody27
#292964 get stock speaker grilles, if your lucky you can score a coupe that has em but my searches came up empty so i opted for rear speaker grilles from a sedan and rotated em 90*s , they fit the curves decent IMO, i just wish i had gone 6.5" but i let the asshat in the audio department convince that only 5.25s would fit cause thats what the computer said......WRONG i ended up making an adapter plate cause the 5.25s didnt even come close to fitting in the stock holes.

and if i recall the rear deck is just like the door panels with slight indent lines to cut out where the speakers should go.
By TrailerTrash
#292965 heres what I did....

I shoved a pair of 6x9s in the speaker holes and the cover seemed to fit pretty much the same(mines a little bent up i guess :? ) but it sounded like crap so I cut big holes in the cover where it was blocking the speaker then I covered the entire cover in fabric the way people do headliners, door panels, ect. you wouldnt even know there are holes there cause the fabric covers them and doesnt block the sound
By TrailerTrash
#293180 dont laugh... i went to walmart and bought a bunch of $1 handkerchiefs to cover my headliner, deck lid, and door panels. havent gotten to the door panels yet but I took the lazymans route and used a staple gun on the liner and lid :lol:

I forgot to get a pick of the underside of the speakers from inside the trunk but u wouldnt even know there are 6x9s under there
By HungRealLow21
TrailerTrash wrote:dont laugh... i went to walmart and bought a bunch of $1 handkerchiefs to cover my headliner, deck lid, and door panels. havent gotten to the door panels yet but I took the lazymans route and used a staple gun on the liner and lid :lol:

I forgot to get a pick of the underside of the speakers from inside the trunk but u wouldnt even know there are 6x9s under there

hahaha looks badass for dollar handkerchiefs lol