In Car Entertainment & Security
By Gordongk
#277619 Hey guys. Been working on my car a lot lately. Going to post it up soon.

Hopefully somebody can help me out. Does this wire hook up to the negative terminal? I am too much of a pansy since I always think I'm going to short out fuses or something.

By teal_dx
#277624 It depends... does that wire go to your chassis or the positive on your amp?
I ask because usually an inline fuse is for a positive wire. Just follow the wire and see what it goes to. When you get to the other end of the wire, see if the thing it is going to has a + or a - on it :thumb:
By eg-guy
#277625 That looks like the power wire if im not mistakin, that hooks up to the positive terminal.
By Gordongk
does that wire go to your chassis or the positive on your amp?

I am pretty sure it runs to the 600w amp in the back. I will have to check when I get home from class to be 100% sure.

Just slips my mind which terminal it goes to. I had my battery disconnected for a couple months and am having a serious brain fart.

On a side note, I forgot to get an "R" (for reverse terminals) battery for my eg. Whoops :P
By egcivicboy
#277634 yeah looks like a power wire to me.
By 1ACarlos
#277646 Definitely a power wire
By elrompetoto
#277724 1. It has 2 be power ,if it was - u won't have 2 run it all the way 2 the battery. U run neg 2 the chassy

2. That wire came from a amp wiring kit I can tell from fuse box and the conecter on the wire. No wiring kit brings a neg wire long enough 2 reach the battery from the amp. Negative wires go from the amp 2 the chassy as close as possible so there about 2 feet long in most kits.

3. U only use fuse on the positive side of the battery
By egcivicboy
Gordongk wrote:Hooked up to the positive battery cable. Sound system is bumping. Thanks everybody!
:woot: :woot: :woot:

:thumb: