In Car Entertainment & Security
By H-sol1989
#277000 Hello I have a question about factory car alarm in my 1997 Honda Del sol. I’m buying an aftermarket alarm to install in my Del sol. Do I have to take the factory car alarm out or leave it in and just hook up the aftermarket car alarm? If I have to take it out and will aftermarket alarm work without factory alarm? Thanks.
By cnome
#277119 why not keep the stock alarm? it does the same as an aftermarket stereo
By H-sol1989
#277128 Well i don’t like factory alarm. I would like to have 2-way Paging alarm. It will be nice to alert me if something happen to it. I have a lot of goodies on it now.
By suspendedHatch
#277150 The one conveniently plugged into your OEM stereo? Yeah remove that.

Oh yeah and look up which two wires you have to loop together in your stereo harness so your dome light will work afterwards.
By H-sol1989
suspendedHatch wrote:The one conveniently plugged into your OEM stereo? Yeah remove that.

Oh yeah and look up which two wires you have to loop together in your stereo harness so your dome light will work afterwards.

Well i don’t have an OEM radio. Currently i have an alpine CDA-105 radio. My dome light is working perfect. OEM alarm is under driver's seat. I know that 96-00 Honda ek OEM alarm plug in the OEM radio? Am I correct? So can I remove the factory alarm from under driver’s seat?
By H-sol1989
#287397 Hello I’m installing my alarm right now. I removed OEM alarm under the driver seat but the problem is the dome light don’t work unless if the OEM alarm plugged in and it will work. So i found the ek loop wire for dome light to work without alarm. So I tried that but don’t work. I don’t know if the Del sol wiring is different than ek? Anyone knows about dome light for 1997 Honda Del Sol Vtec.
By H-sol1989
#287398 Sorry about double post...
By suspendedHatch
#287436 There isn't an abundance of info on 97 Del Sols because there just aren't that many out there.

This will be frustrating trying to figure it out over the internet when it's something I could do easily in person. What you need to do is probe each pin on the alarm harness to find the Dome light wires. Plug the alarm in, turn the dome light on, ground the black probe on your multimeter. If there's an obvious black wire in the harness you can confirm it's ground by testing it for continuity with the key cylinder. Then leave the black probe shoved into the pin while you probe the other wires for power. When you find power, turn off the dome light and see if the voltage drops to 0.

Find both wires, then clip one (leave enough slack to reconnect the wire later) and see if it kills the dome light. Twist the wire back together and confirm the other wire. Then loop them together and pull your alarm out.
By H-sol1989
suspendedHatch wrote:There isn't an abundance of info on 97 Del Sols because there just aren't that many out there.

This will be frustrating trying to figure it out over the internet when it's something I could do easily in person. What you need to do is probe each pin on the alarm harness to find the Dome light wires. Plug the alarm in, turn the dome light on, ground the black probe on your multimeter. If there's an obvious black wire in the harness you can confirm it's ground by testing it for continuity with the key cylinder. Then leave the black probe shoved into the pin while you probe the other wires for power. When you find power, turn off the dome light and see if the voltage drops to 0.

Find both wires, then clip one (leave enough slack to reconnect the wire later) and see if it kills the dome light. Twist the wire back together and confirm the other wire. Then loop them together and pull your alarm out.

Thanks. I got it. Somehow I found 1997 Del sol wiring files on my computer that I downloaded it long time ago so it have security system wiring in there. All of labels for wiring made it much easier to bypass the dome light.
By suspendedHatch
#287989 Hmm.. that's unusual that it included the security wiring. Would you mind emailing that file to me? I'm sure someone will ask me about a Del Sol in the future. email is my avatar name @inbox.com

Thanks.
By H-sol1989
#288283 Sure i will send that to you.

Now i can’t figuring out what’s wrong with my dome light... i bypassed on the OEM alarm plug. I opened driver door to see if it works so it worked. When all the doors are closed and i tried to put dome light switch on and it didn’t come on? Any idea?
By H-sol1989
#288284 I was wondering why my led light don't stop blinking when I disarm the alarm? I thought it supposed to be stop blinking if it’s disarmed right? Do I have to do like program the alarm? I'm going to read whole manual again to make sure I don’t miss something.

Edited: I did read the Operation Manual book to find about it but I can’t find it...
By suspendedHatch
#290919 If it's a DEI alarm, it will blink depending on different things. If you have passive arming, it will blink a countdown to arming. Otherwise it blinks to show you how many transmitters are programmed. Other brands IDK but most typically most alarms blink for a while when first disarmed.

Thanks for sending that diagram.
By H-sol1989
#291618 Yeah I noticed that it’s still blinking when its arm and disarm. So I gave up till spring comes first because i don't like to work in the cold weather. I noticed the blue led stopped blinking so i was wondering how it happened. Found out the battery was dead because I didn't start it up for a while. I recharged my battery then let it start up to warm up. I noticed the blue led still not blinking. I was thinking sweet it works! So I tried again to arm and disarm. Arm is blinking and disarm is not blinking at all. I guess it’s working perfectly now.