In Car Entertainment & Security
By coldvision2000
#276531 My friend Matt has a ghetto rigged stereo system in his black vw getta but I have to say it sounds good but well you just have to watch this link its pretty much the same setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkOTto50 ... re=related

now wouldnt this be draining the battery a ton ? now im talking about this cause i blew my speakers out and my amp is crap I was thinking of doing this for a while until I save up for my sony speakers and amp.
By eg-guy
#276532 If you want a REAL sound system, then sony's NOT the way to go.
By RWMIII
eg-guy wrote:If you want a REAL sound system, then sony's NOT the way to go.

Yea, Sony is crap. Get a deep cycle battery and upgrade your "big 3". Just google it, there are a ton of articles on how to do this.
By TrailerTrash
#276604 If you wouldnt be ashamed to hook something like that up in your car then you shouldn't be above getting a $5 boom box at dollar general and popping a few batteries in it.
By RWMIII
TrailerTrash wrote:If you wouldnt be ashamed to hook something like that up in your car then you shouldn't be above getting a $5 boom box at dollar general and popping a few batteries in it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By 1ACarlos
#276673 A second that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Wicked
#276806 Just like a car its all about the tune even the most expensive chet can sound like shit without proper tuning of the sound system just like the most expensive build can run like shit without the proper tuning.
By Flatland_EG
#276884 Don't skimp on a head unit, it's the heart of your system. You can have the best speakers, amps and subs and they'll sound like ass if you buy a cheap head unit.
If you're short on cash and you want something NOW, you should hit up any local pawn shops, you can actually find some good deals on name brand car audio there and if they're a respectable shop they'll hook up any equipment you're interested in buying and let you see that it works well and will give you at least a 30 warranty if you do buy. :thumb:
By illason
#276892 I had something like that back in the day....lol