In Car Entertainment & Security
By HungRealLow21
#272566 Hey guys so i need help im looking for a good alarm and remote starter also want to get power locks on my 93 dx any good tips brads or sysems i should get and how do i go about it any help is appreciated!!!!
By ImThaBean
#273258 Any DEI alarm will be good/best you can get. Do a stealth instal (see DIY section). As for the power door locks. Google search for EG civic power door conversion. You can either do a full power conversion or just do a aftermarket lock motor set up. Just take your time and research.
By RWMIII
ImThaBean wrote:Any DEI alarm will be good/best you can get. Do a stealth instal (see DIY section). As for the power door locks. Google search for EG civic power door conversion. You can either do a full power conversion or just do a aftermarket lock motor set up. Just take your time and research.

x2 for DEI products :thumb:
By RWMIII
#273286 Scytek sucks in my opinion. 2 fried brains in coupe, then got this Viper system:

Alarm: http://cgi.ebay.com/Viper-5601-Remote-S ... DomainQ5f0

Actuators(may be able to find cheaper, just did a quick search): http://cgi.ebay.com/UNIVERSAL-CAR-TRUCK ... DomainQ5f0
By HungRealLow21
#273287 then u prolly wont like this one lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-WINDOW-PO ... 484205f322

i kinda wanted it for the locks and windows and remote start and den up a diff alarm but yea actuators super cheap i prolly will get the viper one tho it does look good plus i need something reliable i already got them haters man!!
By RWMIII
#273291 Look at it this way, you do get what you pay for. DEI products may be abit more in price, but stand behind their product and last way longer than most competition.

Not to mention cheap ass lock actuators will start to bind or the motors go out in them, pita to me.
By HungRealLow21
#273295 yea i kno bla i will have to go dei after the fog ligh incident im not to fond of ebay products i see that all viper alarms come stock for manual cars tho and my ej2 is automatic.... for now
By ImThaBean
#273324 You want an automatic if your gonna go remote start anyway. It is just unsafe to do remote start on a manual.

And save the money and go DEI. Don't compromise on something like that.

try and see if you can scoop up a power door swap locally before you go aftermarket for the doors. It's a cleaner look and its a better set up.
By HungRealLow21
#273327 yea your right i just wist i had more time to go to the junk yard like i did before man i was there like 3 times a day wen i built my first eg its only like 8 mins away but kids, work and school sure do keep a man busy!!!
By HungRealLow21
#276100 just got started installing my alarm shit is kicking my ass so far but im almost done next ocme the lock actuators and soon enogh (maybe springs automatic windows lol dx is starting to feel a lil more lx lol
By HungRealLow21
RWMIII wrote:What alarm did you get? If you say Scytek, I will E-bitchslap you!!

fuck!!!
(prepping face)
go head and smack lol
but i didnt buy it. my wife bought so not much i could say to her lol atleast she was smart and got a 2 year warranty lol