In Car Entertainment & Security
By kagedws6
#271460 MR526AO P/N:39110-S01-A010-M1
I picked one of these up for $5 since my car never came with a radio and since I let everyone use my car but me I never had a reason to drop some cash on a new one. I just started working and the quiet drive is driving me nuts

I got it hooked up and when I went to turn up the radio I noticed that I can spin the volume control but the radio doesn't recognize it. Just to make sure I tried to use the same control to change the bass and treb and I got it to move one line but then it stopped.

Wasn't sure if I should give up and wait until I can spend some $ on a head unit or if anyone has ever taken the radio apart (wasn't finding any luck on Google except a lot of people were looking for that specific radio because they replaced their old one and realized afterwards the key-less entry/alarm ran threw it)

I didn't want to dive in to ripping it apart to possibly clean a contact or something before googling and asking here first in case I break something on accident that can be prevented by reading a post here and there
By kagedws6
#271655 I took the face of it off hoping to find something to clean but the volume control cannot be taken apart enough to clean it from what I could tell without breaking and having to resolder a new piece in its place. after I put it back together and back in the car I was able to slowly and applying a slight pressure to one side got it to turn the volume up half way. lol kinda wish I didn't have to put any extra money for the next month or 2 towards the new house we're moving to then I could just replace it.
By ExCoupe94
#271802 jump on craigslist and pick one up for 35 bucks