In Car Entertainment & Security
By RWMIII
#264633 I am wanting to add a small sub to my audio system. What I am looking for is supplemental bass that has that kick to it when I want to turn it up. I listen to metal/rock. Any suggestions?
By kingjmack
#264648 I'm a little biased, but I'm going to say any Kicker cvx, l5, or l7. Just not the cvr's.

I've always bought mine from here
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop ... /set_num/2

They are factory refurbished subs, but really good quality. I've only blown one cvx 12 from overpowering it in a box that was too small. The cvx 12 that's in my truck has been beating now for over 3 years.
By Flatland_EG
#264712 Kicker is a great brand, but you may also want to look into JL, Diamond Audio, Focal, Eclipse, Crossfire, Image Dynamics, Zapco and RE Audio. I've heard all of these whether from owning them or knowing people that have and they're all awesome subs.

As far as size, I'd go with a 10" or 12" sub but no bigger, preferably 10" being you listen to metal/rock with tight hard bass.
I personally use a sealed enclosure as well, they're much smaller and higher power handling than a ported box plus they'll give you that tight bass.
I've got a 12" Crossfire BMF in a sealed box that's just under 1 cubic foot, which is fairly small for a 12" enclosure and it sounds pretty darn good.

Also, unless you already have an amp I'd suggest an amp from any of the brands above as well, especially Kicker, JL, Eclipse or Crossfire because they're all built like brick shit houses and will give you excellent sound to boot. I can't really speak for the others, although excellent brands, because I haven't had experience with them.
By 94EJ2
#264735 DC soundlab 8" is all you need man

i think imma put 2 12s in my car just so i can rattle some shit set peoples alarms off and whatnot
By RWMIII
#264741 the specs on those are very close to the RE subs that I am looking at. Cept I can get 2 REs for the price of 1 DC. I do have past experience with RE's when they first came out, just not recently.
By Eg6H2D
#264752 Best 10inch ive eaver had for the buck!!!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_166 ... 502D4.html

Had to upgrade my alternator for this one!! lol

:thumb:
By rootbeer_eg
#264902 i have a 10 in type r in a sealed box and on some songs i have on my iphone kick the crap outta me but its such a clean crisp sound especially with when its powered by a 1200 watt sony amp it may be a little over kill for the amp but man does it sure work good
:thumb: :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
RWMIII wrote:holy crap. :o that is waaaaay too much bass for what I am shooting for. Thanks for sharing though.

Im sure what you'll find what suits you on that site. ill tell you this.. you'll want more.. that 10' can do it all.. 3000watts sounds like alot but you can always down the bass through the amp.. if you ever want more you can crank it up.. it's not that type of bass where it's like a brain shaker. it's more of a solid bass since it's a 10"..
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#265519 kicker L7's are boss.. buddy had 2 15'' in a mazda protege and it hit 140 decibals in a competition... great subs
By BurqueB16
#265922 ive always been kinda partial to rockfordFosgate, i have a 10" ive had for years. good reliable brand :thumb:
By ExCoupe94
#267502 omg!!! your title makes me wanna scream spg555 at the top of my lungs however supplemental bass is best achieved with either an 8 or dual 8 set up boston g1 8"s are the shit for supplimental but if you want a badass sub with sound eq... spg all the way