In Car Entertainment & Security
By LaosToaster
#263269 ok so everything about my alarm works, i dont have the fail safe starter kill wired up to my ignition wires. however everytime when ur alarm goes off, my 2 way remote reports what was triggered and the LED also blinks in certain patterns to tell u what trigger went off.

on the owners manual it says that in order for the LED to stop blinking ur trigger report while unarmed it says to turn ur ignition on, then off to stop the LED to blink while unarmed.

but i dont have my ignition wires hooked up to my alarm. is there any way to turn off the blinking LED while unarmed without the ignition input??

I have no problems what so ever when the alarm is armed.

right now i just ghettoly unplug the LED while unarmed lol, i think its suspicious driving around at night with the LED still blinking.
By nvturbo
#263601 So the yellow wire from the alarm module is not connected? Let me guess....you have a DEI alarm that came with a relay with the yellow and orange wired into it, with a green and a black wire on the relay? Cut the yellow and the orange wire and not use the relay. If you aren't using the orange wire for other accessories, depin it from the alarm module harness. Connect the yellow to a +12v ACC power source. Problem solved.
By LaosToaster
#263602 Yea I didn't use any relays for my alarm(self installed stealthy), there was one from the previous alarm installed from the last owner. I purposly didn't wire any alarm wires to my ignition for stealth reasons. Pretty much my alarm doesn't kno when my ignitions on. I'm not sure if its a yellow wire for the alarm but I get what ur saying thanks man.

My alarm has the fail safe starter kill thaat I didn't hook up and it has three thick green wires, grn/wht, grn, and grn/blk. I gotta find out which wire I only needa hook up to 12+acc voltage thanks bro :thumb:
By nvturbo
#263604 If you look at the underdash, you will see 5 option ports above the ATM fuses. Tap into the one on the far right for +12v ACC. Instead of using the typical female spade connector, use one from a Honda Accord. It looks like this:

By LaosToaster
#263612 lol i forgot about the optional accesorry port, stupid me, yea imma hook it up to there, and i got my own ways of wiring it :hehe: i wont need the plug. thanks though
By ExCoupe94
#263721 simple spade shrinkwrapped ftw! :thumb:
By LaosToaster
ExCoupe94 wrote:simple spade shrinkwrapped ftw! :thumb:

Lol u kno it :thumb: cheapskates ftw