In Car Entertainment & Security
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#262476 This weekend I installed an aftermarket head unit in a friends dodge ram. I've installed dozens of radios and complete systems but never in a ram. I am positive that is hooked up correctly. When I turned the volume up 17 while playing a cd, 22 on the radio, and about 18 with an iPod, the sound just turns off. The only thing I can think of is that there may be a factory amp somewhere. Oh I forgot it's a 97. I know it's not a civic but any help would be appreciated.
By ExCoupe94
#262728 if it does have an amp your gonna wanna find it and bypass it also make sure that you keep impedence close to 4 ohms. good luck!
By ohDirka
ExCoupe94 wrote:if it does have an amp your gonna wanna find it and bypass it also make sure that you keep impedence close to 4 ohms. good luck!

x2 I think some of the dodge trucks had the infinity sound system in them with a factory sub so it might have an amp that needs to be bypassed.
By nvturbo
#263596 If it plays until those volume, the headunit may not have enough power to drive the existing speakers.