In Car Entertainment & Security
By orangeEG
#257595 Read full story to know what's going on or skip to end to hear my question?

I was installing my viper alarm today and I had to hook up the door trigger wire and I figured I'd hook it to the positive wire in my dome light that was reading 12v with the doors open and 0v with the doors closed, while testing the pos and neg in the dome light the prongs on my muliti meter touched and blew my fuse, so I changed it out and... Nothing? I think I heard a small buzz right before but that could have been paranoia haha :lol:

Is there a dome light relay or anything? I checked the volt on my door triggers and it's reading .1v? Any help would be awsome?
By suspendedHatch
#257784 It's much easier to go for the negative trigger in the kick panel. Also, some alarms require a relay when using the positive trigger. You can tap into the passenger side door trigger. It's in the driver's side kick, a very thickly insulated light green / red.

.1v usually indicates a fuse that is burnt with a small sliver of metal still connecting the circuit.

Did you disconnect the alarm wire?
By orangeEG
#257789 Ya the light green with a red strip is also in the domelight used as a ground, now I checked the 7.5 fuse and it was blown, I changed it and nothing?
It reads 12v on all 3 dome light settings doors open or not? I am so lost it ridiculous haha, it's the only part that's got me stuck, any idea why it's reading 12v with the door switch in or out? I'm gunna re check all the fuses (any under the hood tied into this issue?), posible I fried the dome light switch on the roof? :?
By ExCoupe94
#258911 The dome light switch supplies ground, opens the circuit, or passes the buck to the door triggers wich supply ground when a door opens. Also there is a relay between the triggers and the dome switch thus the residual voltage. One prong should be turning negative with any door opening on the "door" setting.
By orangeEG
#258926 Any idea where that relay is between the door switch and the domelight, and think I used the positive door trigger wire to the alarm should I usethe negative?
By ExCoupe94
#258948 Yep...use the negative input/setting on the alarm and you're gonna wanna throw a diode stripe side on each the trigger wires wherever u decide to tap before you combine them into a single neg input for the alarm. That way the civic still knows the difference between left door and right door and the alarm can sense both. No idea on the location of that relay though :(.
By orangeEG
#258964 It just seems easier to tap into the dome light negative that way weather the doors or hatch are open the light comes on and the alarm go's off
By ExCoupe94
#259143 I see your point, but we're human. If you just so happen to turn the dome completely off one day... peace out honda. Kinda why i disabled my remote start lol. Anyhoo better to tap both sensors direct yea? + points tappin the trunk same method :D unless of course you have a 2 way lcd style fob in wich case the alarm should have a dedicated trunk input as well
By ExCoupe94
#259144 I see your point, but we're human. If you just so happen to turn the dome completely off one day... peace out honda. Kinda why i disabled my remote start lol. Anyhoo better to tap both sensors direct yea? + points tappin the trunk same method :D unless of course you have a 2 way lcd style fob in wich case the alarm should have a dedicated trunk input as well.