In Car Entertainment & Security
By ej0470114
#251718 Nvm I figured it out ......... And I do have to either buy a addapter or mod it myself the only thin that worries me is the anti theft feature added on theis radios if the battery dies it won't work again until u enter a code that I don't have and I've read costs like 90 bucks to get off Honda ....=(..... Anyway since no one said yay or nay to my last question I figured I'll make this tiny project of mine into a DIY as soon as I can unless some one says it's pointless
By ragz2richez
#251780 Man anything is possible. It wont be a direct plug in but shouldnt be hard to make it work correctly. I put a stock unit from an 07 Suzuki Reno in my 93 Berretta for the aux plug in and theft detterent of being stock. Just find your wiring diagram, possibly hit the junkyard and get the plug for the stock unit and wire it up. If you have any questions just let me know.
By LSVTIEG
#252053 it is possible. you will need 2 harnesses. metra & scoche should ,ake them both.

1st harness you'll need is the radio side harness (metra part #70-1720) that plugs into the factory harness.

2nd harness is a replacement car side harness. (if its a 99 civic metra part #71-1721)

now you could just cut the car side harness out of a car that the radio would come out of but the aftermarket harnesses would be easier to hook up because of wire colors being the same & not having to try & figure what the factory wires go to.

I wouldn't really recomend using a factiry radio that has a code to it unless you have the code. You can buy a brand new aftermarket radio of good quality like a pioneer, jvc , clarion or kenwood for about $120 which isnt much more than getting the factory reset code & a lot of the time when retrieving the factory code you have to have the vin of the vehicle that the radio came out of.

in my opinion its not worth the time or trouble putting another cars factory radio in. an aftermarket radio will sound much better & have more features then most stock radios.
By ej0470114
#255432 Well as lsvtieg said...... This was a bit of a pain ...... Had to get the Sterio harness off a 98 civic at the junk yard then an addapter from bestbuy it was just a generic addapter for any after market Sterio ........ and I had to go to Honda and get the code which didn't cost me anything after I told the guy the whole story of y I needed it...... and then about 45 min sitting in the car figuring it out........ After all that it turned on and I was like sweet until I found out the cd player docent work!!! [smilie=BangHead.gif] ........ yea :x :..... Luckily I found this aux addapter that clips in the back or the Sterio right in the empty spot next to the factor harness........

......... but it works at least :roll: