In Car Entertainment & Security
By PaPaSmURf
#249582 i want to put just 8 in speakers (yea i said speakers) in my eg i wanna cut holes in the door pannels and jump the wires to the speaker is that possible ? or i have to do some more modification i have manual doors so lots of room I dont like bass like that but have 2 12 in the back for the winter time.
Thanks
By suspendedHatch
#250021 What is your goal in doing this? Adding more speakers will make your system louder, and adding bigger speakers will improve the bass. However, you said you don't like bass. Adding bigger speakers when you don't like bass is like adding a turbo when you don't like fast cars. And what are the two 12's in your trunk for?

Don't connect more speakers to your current speakers. Doing this affects the resistance, and will either destroy your stereo or make your system very quiet. Then you'll crank it up more and blow your stereo and ruin the speakers. (depending on whether you wire them in series or parallel, but neither way is good)

The proper way to increase the amount of speakers is to add an amplifier. But increasing the amount of speakers kills your sound quality. Frequencies will cancel each other out, and sounds will reach your ears at different times from the different locations.

No matter what your goal is, there is a better way of achieving it. Simply adding a four channel amp to your current setup will give you a better result than what you propose.
By PaPaSmURf
#250850 thanks will do.
By FrAnKeNsTeIn
PaPaSmURf wrote:i want to put just 8 in speakers (yea i said speakers) in my eg i wanna cut holes in the door pannels and jump the wires to the speaker is that possible ? or i have to do some more modification i have manual doors so lots of room I dont like bass like that but have 2 12 in the back for the winter time.
Thanks

Im a little confused on what you’re exactly trying to accomplish?
Would you please elaborate?

Are you trying to build an audio monster with a un necessary amount of massive speakers?

Like this?

Like suspended stated, the speakers you are looking into would be bass speakers. If you don’t want bass you need to be looking into smaller 2 or 3 way speakers, they would minimize the bass. However component speakers would be best they come in a package of (4) 2-Tweeters for CRISP vocals, and 2-mid/low range speakers for bass. 2 sets of those could be wired up to a factory deck vastly improving on sound quality.

I could elaborate on the other kind of options, but saving time and fingers. Ill allow you to elaborate and more specifics can be provided.
By LSVTIEG
#251435 tweeters do not produce vocals, mid ranges do. & your average 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 component woofer will not produce much bass, they produce mid bass & vocals. there is a reason they are called tweeters, mid ranges, mid bass drivers, subwoofers & full range speakers. i definately wouldnt put a component set on a radio. any radio that says 50 or 55x4 actually only puts out about 18watts per channel.
By rmp705
#260227 buy eminence with a crossover and a power acoustik nb-2 or nb-4 tweeter with 50-75 watts running to each pair
and the eminence will fit in the door you just need to make a plate for it