In Car Entertainment & Security
By 92hatchie
#247516 i need some help, im installing a viper in a hatch and there are a few wires that i dont know.. i need to know what the starter common (key side), starter- normally open (motor side), and starter- normally closed(motor side). any help would be good
Last edited by 92hatchie on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LSVTIEG
#247545 those should for your starter disable & remote start if i remember correctly. for the key & motor side wires just cut your starter wire & hook up like it says. 1 to key side wire & other to motor side. it prevents car from starting when alarm is triggered. other wire im connects to same starter wire but on motor side. its what starts the car for the remote start. if you are installing it on a manual transmission car you will have to do a clutch switch bypass & id highly recomend a neutral saftey switch which will prevent car from starting with i in gear. i dont recomend putting remote start on a manual transmission car tho.
last guy i did that for's brother remote started his car on accident with it in gear without a saftey switch & the car wound up driving down the street hitting a couple of other cars & an RV.
By 92hatchie
LSVTIEG wrote:those should for your starter disable & remote start if i remember correctly. for the key & motor side wires just cut your starter wire & hook up like it says. 1 to key side wire & other to motor side. it prevents car from starting when alarm is triggered. other wire im connects to same starter wire but on motor side. its what starts the car for the remote start. if you are installing it on a manual transmission car you will have to do a clutch switch bypass & id highly recomend a neutral saftey switch which will prevent car from starting with i in gear. i dont recomend putting remote start on a manual transmission car tho.
last guy i did that for's brother remote started his car on accident with it in gear without a saftey switch & the car wound up driving down the street hitting a couple of other cars & an RV.

can u explain yourself a little more( sorry first time install and totaly clueless) especially on what you mean about motor side? thanks on the advice on remote start. i wont be on my eg. but we will on my bros DA. his alarm came with a neutral switch.
By LSVTIEG
#247577 its easy. when you cut the starter wire the part of the wire leading up to the ignition is the key side wire the other part of the starter wire is the motor side. got it? :thumb:
By {ikon}EM1
#247599 U know ur letting the whole world know what type of alarm and model u have.... biiiiiggggg mistake... if I were u id go to a audio shop or even bestbuy and see how much it is to install it... then while ur at it try getting add on equipment for ur alarm like hood pins, proximity sensor, tilt sensor and what have u...
By 92hatchie
{ikon}EM1 wrote:U know ur letting the whole world know what type of alarm and model u have.... biiiiiggggg mistake... if I were u id go to a audio shop or even bestbuy and see how much it is to install it... then while ur at it try getting add on equipment for ur alarm like hood pins, proximity sensor, tilt sensor and what have u...

way ahead of u. just want to learn how to install alarms myself. saves you around 200 bucks. new tb maybe? intake manifold?
By 92hatchie
LSVTIEG wrote:its easy. when you cut the starter wire the part of the wire leading up to the ignition is the key side wire the other part of the starter wire is the motor side. got it? :thumb:

thanks. makes alot of sense now lol tnx ill pm you if i need anymore help. thank you
By LSVTIEG
#247685 np, glad i could help.
By {ikon}EM1
408eg6 wrote:
{ikon}EM1 wrote:U know ur letting the whole world know what type of alarm and model u have.... biiiiiggggg mistake... if I were u id go to a audio shop or even bestbuy and see how much it is to install it... then while ur at it try getting add on equipment for ur alarm like hood pins, proximity sensor, tilt sensor and what have u...

way ahead of u. just want to learn how to install alarms myself. saves you around 200 bucks. new tb maybe? intake manifold?

Just watching out for u buddy.... don't want ur car to get stolen again...

:thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#248038 You don't use all three of those wires, only two.

Click on my signature.