In Car Entertainment & Security
By whiteEG
#563 ok so i just got an alpine headunit from a cousin of mine for free and everything works fine except that you cant take the face of it off.. ive tried everything but it seems to be stuck and i know that you can take it off... any suggestions on how to do it?
By sihatch9508
#589 not trying to make u sound like a dumbass but did u check to see if there was a release button on the face plate?
By teal_dx
#591 or maybe the button/clip broke so it was glued on?
By whiteEG
#593 ya there is a release button and ya ive tried pushing it.. i dont think its glued on either.. if its broken doesnt that usually mean that the face wont stay in place? i dont know tho.. my last one got stolen and i dont want this one to get stolen... i guess i mite have to take it to an audio shop or something..see if they can figure it out.. thanks for the suggestions tho
By defjamon26z
#68704 try a flat head.

it works lol. or u can just take the trim completely off the radio with the face and see why it wouldnt come off. but hey. there's a reason why it's glue or wont come off. why dont u leave it alone before you break it?
By suspendedHatch
#68721 NO, DON'T PRY AT IT!!

Did you buy it off the display? It has the security screw in it still. You'll need a jewelers phillips head screw driver.