In Car Entertainment & Security
By stussy_legend
#244242 hi there, i have got a headunit that doesnt come with bluetooth function, however, it does have the USB pot. is it possible to use a bluetooth adaptor, like the ones below and connect the head unit to my phone to listen to music?! i hate using the 3.5mm cable to connect as it looks a bit messy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Mini-Blu ... pd_cp_ce_1

many thanks
By 92hatchie
#244484 i dnt think so! i can be wrong.. y dnt u buy a headunit with built in bluetooth? i have a bluetooth in my hatch n i never use it because my exhaust is too loud
By {ikon}EM1
#244508 I use my aux port to my droid x... and u can talk through the phone and hear it on the speakers... works well with the built in navigation

:thumb:
By stussy_legend
#244546 didnt think about the bluetooth when i bought it last year....:(
i regret now.........

i dun like using cable to connect my mp3/phone. it makes the car look horrible.

i know there is an ipod cable where u plug behind the head unit, can i get one for other mp3 player?! so i can hide the cable in the glove box.
By suspendedHatch
#244701 There are bluetooth kits but they're kind of chinky. You have a small ugly screen with wires that you mount somewhere near the cluster, and a small speaker you hide under the dash.

Built in bluetooth is much cleaner but as mentioned, it wont work with loud exhausts and it even has trouble since our cars have so little sound dampening. You have to be careful about where you mount the mic.

If your stereo has an aux input you can plug in a headphone cable for your mp3 player.
By Sincere
#244706 I just recently put this in my car not expensive at all so you can look em up

Kenwood KDCBT645U which has bluetooth built in and comes through your speakers and it supports MP3,AAC,WMA etc... front USB port for ipod/iphone

then theres this

Kenwood KDCBT945U which has bluetooth built in but the option to use a corded mic to place where you want it. It doesnt have front usb it is located it the back in case you wanted to route it to the glove box and just use your media device from there.

They both can control the ipod/iphone from the deck or with the remote so you do not have to keep using the ipod/iphone to change songs or even make a phone call
By 92hatchie
#244758 i would say save up n buy a deck with built in bluetooth.. or i can sell u mine im getting a new one soon
By stussy_legend
#245070 i dun need the bluetooth making phone calls, just for the music really. noise isnt really an issue to me tbh, i dun have loud exhaust, just a DC2 back box,thats it,and i will be putting sounds deadening soon.......

sounds like i am getting a new head unit then :)
just a quick question, whats the sound quality like?! bluetooth vs cable.
By LSVTIEG
#245286 what radio are you running? some manufacturers sell add on bluetooth modules like pioneer.