In Car Entertainment & Security
By keith_b03
#243748 its a newer pioneer deck with a 12 inch kicker sub and a kenwood amp..not exactly sure about the watts on the amp but i think its like 600 at the minimum cause it bumps like crazy
By 92hatchie
#243752 your stock battery should be fine
just get a good alternator and u should be fine
By keith_b03
#243753 alrightt thanks dude
By teal_dx
#243774 I would check your wiring for any possible shorts too. You should run an inline fuse on the positive wire going from your battery to your amp, about 12" from the battery terminal.
By 92hatchie
#243782 ^^ X2 be careful wen connecting so u wont burn ur amp
By LSVTIEG
408eg6 wrote:your stock battery should be fine

negative there ghost rider. a stock battery is designed to run your cars electricle system. its not made to handle the loads of an audio system. id look into an optima, stinger, kinetik etc..... now some of those products are expensive, but they can save you money down the line. beefed up alternator & battery combo would be best but could cost you between $500-$1000 depening on manufacturers & vehicle type.
By 92hatchie
#245620 i dnt tnhink so.. a stock battery jus turns motor on . alternator keeps it powered... a strong alternator is wat u need
By suspendedHatch
408eg6 wrote:i dnt tnhink so.. a stock battery jus turns motor on . alternator keeps it powered... a strong alternator is wat u need

Exactly.

And besides that, neither the battery or alternator will affect whether you blow the amp's fuse or not. If you're blowing the amp fuse, you need a thicker power wire and a higher rated fuse.

But the root of the problem is that you're not getting as much bass as you expected. Either your expectations are too high, or the setup is weak. Setup is about half install / tuning and half choice of components. We need a lot more details and possibly some pics to make a determination.

I assume you're blowing the fuse on the amp's power wire. If you're blowing the fuses on the amp itself, that's not good.
By keith_b03
#247206 The bass was really really loud it sounded good. Its jus the alternator
By FrAnKeNsTeIn
#250838 When you change your alternator, you should change your battery at the same time. That combination will give you the longest life out of both of them.

As for blowing a "main fuse", your stereo should be on a separate inline fuse able block or link separated from the cars electrical system. If it goes out, it should effect your vehicle operation, none.

You should re secure your grounds; install a separate inline fuse for the power wire.

Make sure your ground wire is the same gauge as your power.

Also check for loose connections, or wires touching metal.

But as stated earlier, blowing a fuse has nothing to do with your battery or alternator.
By suspendedHatch
FrAnKeNsTeIn wrote:When you change your alternator, you should change your battery at the same time. That combination will give you the longest life out of both of them.

There's no reason to throw your money away like that. It's true that a dead battery will strain an alternator, but even a brand new battery can be dead from sitting on the shelf too long. If you're concerned about that then you can let it sit on a slow charger over night.
By rmp705
408eg6 wrote:i dnt tnhink so.. a stock battery jus turns motor on . alternator keeps it powered... a strong alternator is wat u need

nope LSVTIEG is right "a stock battery is designed to run your cars electricle system. its not made to handle the loads of an audio system." it might be able to handle a little bit of extra accesories but for the most part these little lawn mower batteries only run the car
i would go with optima because they are decently cheap and have a warranty