In Car Entertainment & Security
By benskorner
#26445 yea so i got the 92 dx sedan, its ballin :P . i put some 5 1/4's in the front and they sound amazing, but i really want to put some 6.5's in the back. looking in the trunk i see that in the body there are speaker housings, but its just like a felt cover in th interior. has any1 put speakers there or should i like put them in the rear doors or wat. also is there already a wire running back there? i thought i saw a couple loose wires in the bundle that runs to the tail lights but i could b wrong. i kno that theres a place in the plug or w/e in the head unit but idk wher to run the wires. help plz.
By benskorner
#26447 im talking w/ a crutchfield dude and he says id either have to buy a factory grille or cut it myslef. have any of u done that?
By BAXTER_EJ1
#26454 Like this? I just screwed these into the rear deck, it's a little soft, but they do hold.

By benskorner
#26458 howd u wire it? and did u just cut a hole and then screw through? is that wat u meant?
By BAXTER_EJ1
#26470 Wires were there from factory speakers, it was a simple plug and play, if you don't have the clips on the end of your stock wires that go to the head unit just attach some clips that fit onto the speaker mounts and you're good to go.

I needed to bend my truck frame a bit, the speakers are so deep that they wouldn't fit, I just bent down some of the frame and drilled in the holes and screwed them in, it was like a 30 minute job :thumb:
By benskorner
#26476 there are original wires for the rear? where r they and what do they look like? i have the dx so im not sure i got them?
By BAXTER_EJ1
#26480 Can anyone with a dx confirm this? I have the lx and googling has not provided any help :x . Your car didn't come with speakers in the rear eh? I'm not even sure where the speakers are in the rear of dx's, but in the doors doesn't seem typical, I'd think they'd be on the rear deck as well...
By benskorner
#26484 yea google isnt giving me anything. but yea, like i said there are 2 holes in the body specifically designed for speakers, but the interior cover just stretches over all of it. the crutchfield dude said i could cut holes, but even then idk about wiring. should i take pictures tomorow?
By benskorner
#26794 hey i found 2 clips in the back and when i checked the wire color with the fat plug up front they match so i guess i do have wiring. now i just gotta cut.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#26822 Good to hear :thumb: post progress!
By chnzgoofball
MKennedy86 wrote:Good to hear :thumb: post progress!

x2 :D