In Car Entertainment & Security
By cjw_89
#241549 So i have an alram on my car the name brand is unknown.I havn't even really looked at it to be honest.But the power locks(aftermarket) are linked to the alarm.So when i lock my car it enables the alarm and when i unlock it disables.

My reason for making this post is to ask you guys what you think of this http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-HIGH-QUALITY-POWER ... 3f0706d2e8

My actuator(only driverside) is giving me problems.It worked for a while with the previous owner then gave out. So my intentions were to buy these.They come in 2's so i can either have a spare i guess or install one on my passenger side.Question; Can i link my passenger one from my driver and have both working that easy? I have a pic of my actual one on my cars door if anyone wants a pic to help me out.Mines a "suntech" and it is black.

Also what is up with the safety on our cards driverside door handle.You need to open it a little bit to lock your door on the inside can i eliminate that.I know i ask alot of questions,it isnt becuase i am a noob.I would attempt it wether i have a reply or not but i like for people to have thier input on my ideas.
Last edited by cjw_89 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 92hatchie
#241770 those are similar to the ones i got
By cjw_89
#241785 Aha sweet I seen those as well on ebay. How long do you have them? Have they been holding up ? Do you know if one side is linked from the other? Or will It take one anothers poiwer
By 92hatchie
#241788 i had them for a while and they work fine no problems on the connections i dnt remeber but i can check it out if u want.. im going to finish puttin dynamat on door n ill let u kno
By cjw_89
#241809 is that an eg door :eh: So you removed the lock rod all together?

Who ever done the one on my eg set screwed it to the lock rod? Weird...
I was wondering if i could go to the scrap yard and find a car with these on it,ones that came from the factory with it. A lincoln town car is real similar and ebay also states dodge dakotas are the same as well.Then i could skip ebay and the waiting game.

Looks good though :thumb: You should add to the diy for peeling window trim i never attmepted to take mine off,it knows more about me. How did you get that off ?
By 92hatchie
#241823 yea it has no lock rod.. good idea if u can skip the whole ebay process then i say do it.. and to remove the trim u have to remove door panel and the trim has like about 5 clips.. jus slide the trim up towards you just be careful not to break the clips and sand the trim down.. i used a razor blade to take the peel of then i sanded it wit 1500 paper
By 92_eghatch
cjw_89 wrote:So i have an alram on my car the name brand is unknown.I havn't even really looked at it to be honest.But the power locks(aftermarket) are linked to the alarm.So when i lock my car it enables the alarm and when i unlock it disables.

My reason for making this post is to ask you guys what you think of this http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-HIGH-QUALITY-POWER ... 3f0706d2e8

My actuator(only driverside) is giving me problems.It worked for a while with the previous owner then gave out. So my intentions were to buy these.They come in 2's so i can either have a spare i guess or install one on my passenger side.Question; Can i link my passenger one from my driver and have both working that easy? I have a pic of my actual one on my cars door if anyone wants a pic to help me out.Mines a "suntech" and it is black.

Also what is up with the safety on our cards driverside door handle.You need to open it a little bit to lock your door on the inside can i eliminate that.I know i ask alot of questions,it isnt becuase i am a noob.I would attempt it wether i have a reply or not but i like for people to have thier input on my ideas.

i was actually wondering the same thing about that. is it supposed to be like that? and why? i thought there was something wrong with it and was going to replace it, but if it's supposed to be like that, i'll leave it.

...also. how would you even connect the actuator to the locking rod for the driver's door if you have to open the handle a little bit. wouldn't it create a bind and break the locking tab from the rod being forced from the actuator on the handle mechanism?
By cjw_89
#241891 HA HAH !!! Noww.. Lets get this thread going. The actuators i was looking at can handle 10 lbs thats quite alot when it comes to opening a door. I guess the actuator will "over power" the lock so to speak :? It is now no longer there on my car i check it today. Seems like it comes and goes ??? :thumbdown:
By 92_eghatch
#241928 i was actually thinking about installing door lock actuators at one point in my build, but wasn't sure if the actuator would break the locking tab on the driver's side...
By cjw_89
#241976 If your alarm or what ever you have is wired for it.Go for it :thumb:

If anyone can figure out why there is that little safety lock thing, or how to remove it.Even why it is intermittent please add some info.

Also does anybody know what vehicles share the same actuators or one very similar that will work on our rides :hehe:
By cjw_89
408eg6 wrote:those are similar to the ones i got

Ahha just realized your car was r-81 once upon a time or the door was ? I was thinking about painting mine captiva blue. But doing your jambs and under hood would be a pain wouldnt it.Mainly brake and feul lines i figure
By 92hatchie
#241995 yea it was but it got painted nighthawk black pearl
By cjw_89
#244771 got my power door lock actuators $10.09 to the door. They swivel 360 degrees.My key fob has a trunk button too.How do i get that working? Run a relay to the brain and run wires to the rear ?
By suspendedHatch
cjw_89 wrote:got my power door lock actuators $10.09 to the door. They swivel 360 degrees.My key fob has a trunk button too.How do i get that working? Run a relay to the brain and run wires to the rear ?

Get an additional actuator and use it on the trunk. Warning, it can be a PITA getting it adjusted right so that it works and your floor handle and trunk key still work.

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/ac ... h_Actuator
Last edited by suspendedHatch on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By suspendedHatch
#244874 And you will need to find out which alarm you have to know which wire to run to the relay. Should be as simple as dropping your lower dash cover.