In Car Entertainment & Security
By gtstripes
#233916 ok this will take awhile to read sorry! ill break the situation down to bullet points to make it a tad easier and below will be the question :)

Situation:
- Righto, I have a shitty CD player in my car so I bought a Sony one yesterday.
- I also have 2 1000W Pioneer 12" Subs sitting in my room
- I need to buy an Amp (wont be able to get one till afew days later) and cables (i will buy tomorrow)
- i have NO clue how to set any of it up so i will go to a professional

Question:
- is it possible OR wise to get the CD player installed with the amp cables connected but leading to the boot not connected to anything? (until i buy an amp)
By jrhdominos
#233920 Yes you can do that, it won't hurt anything. Although I suggest doing it yourself, there's a first time for everything. Putting a CD player in is one of the basics of car electronics. VERY SIMPLE. Get online and look up some how to's. This will save you a lot of money in the long run. If I paid someone for every time I put a cd player in or had a different sound system, I could have enough for a new car, no lie. Do it yourself, let us know how it turns out. By the way all you should need is a harness to connect your cd player to your stock harness. Wal mart has these for under 10 bucks. Get some butt connectors, and a good set of crimpers, you're good to go.
By gtstripes
jrhdominos wrote:Yes you can do that, it won't hurt anything. Although I suggest doing it yourself, there's a first time for everything. Putting a CD player in is one of the basics of car electronics. VERY SIMPLE. Get online and look up some how to's. This will save you a lot of money in the long run. If I paid someone for every time I put a cd player in or had a different sound system, I could have enough for a new car, no lie. Do it yourself, let us know how it turns out. By the way all you should need is a harness to connect your cd player to your stock harness. Wal mart has these for under 10 bucks. Get some butt connectors, and a good set of crimpers, you're good to go.

thank you for the quick reply! :D
would it be very simple for someone who has no experience what so ever? lol well ill give it a go anyway, i looked up a ton of sites and i think i have everything :) i will do this probably not today but tomorrow and i will let u know how i went :) thanx for the encouragment!! haha
By LSVTIEG
#245099 i hope you ran your power wire thru the rubber gromet below ur battery tray.