In Car Entertainment & Security
By evarela28
#228689 i have infinity kappas all around my 99 ex.. i want to upgrade to something better.. im happy with my system but want to see what other speakers are louder.. so let me know what you guys think thanks
By suspendedHatch
#228703 Those are some pretty damn good speakers. I think you need a 4ch amp. No speakers in the world are going to sound that great with just deck power.

A deck realistically puts about 7-11 watts to each speaker. An amplifier can do 100 watts easily.

My other recommendation would be to get a subwoofer and then cut the bass frequencies from your speakers.
By Gustavo
suspendedHatch wrote:Those are some pretty damn good speakers. I think you need a 4ch amp. No speakers in the world are going to sound that great with just deck power.

A deck realistically puts about 7-11 watts to each speaker. An amplifier can do 100 watts easily.

My other recommendation would be to get a subwoofer and then cut the bass frequencies from your speakers.

:thumb:
By evarela28
#228782 ohh dam then all im really missing is a amp.. what brand should i get.. i use to have a rockford fosgate but sold it a while ago.. should i get something like that one?
By evarela28
#228783 and whats a good headunit out there.. i have a cheap sony headunit and want to upgrade my system
By suspendedHatch
#228859 Just get a 4 channel amp with an RMS that is slightly higher than the RMS for the speakers.

Use the active crossover to cut the bass from the fronts. Cut the highs from the rears. Sounds and performs better that way.
By edcortez9
#229001 it is good to use a amp with those speakers... but if you really want something better you should get the memphis mc class each speaker has a built in crossover to separate the sounds from the high and mids and prevents the tweeters to pop when using an amp. as far as the amp if you are going to use memphis stick with memphis.. a 4 channel pr series or m class will do. :thumb:
By evil-G-nius
#229013 There is nothing better than Diamond Audio Hex series. Memphis might as well be Walmart brand next to these. Everything on the market is secondary compared to these. End of story. Amps...Alpine PDX amps are some of the most efficient amps and they are very compact, perfect for the little hatch....wont take up much room at all :thumb:
By edcortez9
#229089 diamond audio is ok although i always see them in the flea market.. we dont deal with those speakers because of the bad warranty they give and they dont say true watts... thats why i would choose memphis and they also won the title as the the loudest car audio on earth rating at 178.9db..
By evil-G-nius
edcortez9 wrote:diamond audio is ok although i always see them in the flea market.. we dont deal with those speakers because of the bad warranty they give and they dont say true watts...

those must be knock offs...Diamonds rarely end up anywhere. You have to order them or go to a high end audio place to get em. Even if you have some at the flea market they are not the Hex series...top of the line. Never had an issue with them nor anyone I know thats ever used em
By rmp705
familyEGuy23 wrote:U can never go wrong with an Alpine head unit :thumb:

ya but alpine customer service sux
By rmp705
evarela28 wrote:ohh dam then all im really missing is a amp.. what brand should i get.. i use to have a rockford fosgate but sold it a while ago.. should i get something like that one?

i have a ppi 4x40 and its great pushin eminence and power acoustik tweeters
or you can go with jl sun down there is a couple others
and for a head unit i would go with pioneer all of there new ones comes with an ipod hook up and aux port and you can get ones with the 4v preout
By Eg6H2D
#265267 I roll with KICKER.. True Wattage always!!!
By 94EJ2
#265280 kenwood excelion deck is the best decks i have ever owned. I

had a kdc-x789 that got stolen
now i have a kvt 696 and i love it

ill swear by kenwood decks have never had a single problem with a kenwood deck even most of my friends have kenwoods and they love them.

as for speakers my friend that does comps with subs and what not runs only kicker component speakers and dc soundlab subs